taultunleashed logoEQ2 UltraBot 2.x Hunter, Buff and Harvest bot, Discussion : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 23
newtopic  postreply
 [ 443 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 30  Next
blue large dot

EQ2 UltraBot 2.x Hunter, Buff and Harvest bot, Discussion : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 23

Posted: February 27th, 2006, 7:35 am

seveneleven
seveneleven's Reps:
megagamer (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Thanks seveneleven - that made wonders for the speed that the script runs with!

Your welcome.

megagamer (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
It didn't change the fact that I can't get the script for the bruiser to behave correctly (neither as Offensive or as Buff bot). I could still use some help with the following:

2) I use ranged weapon to pull. Bc of the short range on the bruisers ranged weapons (25 m) it would be cool if the bruiser could run to closer to mob and pull it back to camp. I know it can be done and I have set it up to do so, but it wont close to target.
Can someone plz show me how their ini file is set up for ranged attack for pulls?

Thank you in advance!

I have a scout that I use UB with. I think he is set up with what you are looking for.

Under fighting Variables set max targeting distance to suit your ranged weapon. My max range is 30 I set it to 29.
PulltoSafeSpot = False (I find I get beat on to much when returning to spot)
RandomRunMode=closestcon
RandomRunRange=(set this to the max radius you would like your bot to wander, so if your target is 40 feet from your camp and your weapon range is 30 it needs to be at least 10)

I dont run bot groups so I cant help you with number 3

Good luck

Posted: February 27th, 2006, 12:22 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
I like the addition of the RandomRoam thingy, but it is bugged badly.

I am having to use closestcon and that is working better.

By bugged baddly, i mean that it will for no reason try to head to a next waypoint of -1,-1,-1.

Posted: February 27th, 2006, 12:44 pm

slam666

Total Posts: 1184
slam666's Reps: 1
premium
*** Important ***

If you have any problems with UB or if it is not working like it should, I would like you to send me the log file of the session you had a problem. Also include a description of what is the problem.

If you dont want me to see you char name then do a find and replace and change your name for *PLAYER*

Send me the ENTIRE file by PM.

Thanks.

Author of EQ2Ultrabot, NOW WITH CRAFTING!!!
Read this before asking for help

Posted: February 28th, 2006, 11:36 am

dancinsteve
dancinsteve's Reps:
With so many options, and updates, and discussion messages --
its hard to know where to begin with UltraBot.

Would be great if you maintained a Getting Started post; updating it as you make changes.
What are the essential steps that need to be done for a first attempt at some simple uses?
So ya wanna make a healing bot? Do this first. Etc.

Assume the reader has never used a bot, and barely even worked with EQ2 macros.
Maybe doesn't even have EQ2Services installed yet. (point to other documents where appropriate.)

As I encounter stuff I wish was in such a doc, I'll jot it here:

1. The contents of install.txt.

2. When done installing, what you should see where:

. Program Files/../EverQuest II/eq2.ini:
. . cl_ui_skinname customui
. . cl_ui_subdir UI/

. ../EverQuest II/UI/customui/
. . eq2ui_hud_choice.xml
. . eq2ui_inventory_loot.xml

. XUnleashed/bin/Scripts/
. . EQ2UltraBot_v23.vbs
. . EQ2UltraBot/
. . . ..BaseLib_v23.vbs, etc..
. . . ub-ini-editor.exe

3. Run ub-ini-editor.exe in XUnleashed/bin/Scripts/EQ2UltraBot/
(I didn't know where to look for this --
at first I thought it was another download I needed to find on the website.)

4. Main things to set in ub-ini-editor:

. BasicCharSetup/
. . CharRole
. . EQ2Dir (probably already set)
. . EQ2Server

5.1. Simple settings for a buffbot (explain: an automated char on a 2nd EQ2 account on a 2nd PC, that follows your manually-operated main char, and assists in fighting, does buffs, heals).

. Suppose have a priest class, with a hotbar set as follows ...

. Then in ub-ini-editor:

. . /BasicCharSetup:
. . . CharRole: BUFFBOT

. . /Commands:
. . . BuffMeStr:

. . /FightingVariables:
. . . Hunting: True or False on a healing bot?

Explain how to create macros on main Offensive char, to manually ask for heals or buffs from a buffbot char.

6. How to maintain two different UltraBot character settings, and switch between them.
Need to quit EQ2? Need to copy file somewhere?

7. What to do if two different people are running UltraBots in the same group.

. . /Commands:
. . . customize the different strings. Give example.

Last edited by Guest on February 28th, 2006, 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: February 28th, 2006, 12:04 pm

loraik
loraik's Reps:
dancinsteve (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
With so many options, and updates, and discussion messages -- its hard to know where to begin with UltraBot.

Would be great if you maintained a Getting Started post; updating it as you make changes. What are the essential steps that need to be done for a first attempt at some simple uses? So ya wanna make a healing bot? Do this first. Etc.

Assume the reader has never used a bot, and barely even worked with EQ2 macros. Maybe doesn't even have EQ2Services installed yet. (point to other documents where appropriate.)

The doc file included with the bot should answer any setup questions you have.

Megagamer I three bot, well used to, not worth doing anymore since XU is so unstable (one or two bots always crashing). I can try to answer your questions.

Loraik

Posted: February 28th, 2006, 12:17 pm

dancinsteve
dancinsteve's Reps:
loraik (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
The doc file included with the bot should answer any setup questions you have.

Which doc file? readme.txt appears to be a series of version notes. install.txt is quite brief. default.ini contains much useful info, but as a newbie i wouldn't even grasp that I need to look in there. These are all appropriate for their purpose, but none is what I am suggesting.

With so many options, it would be useful to add a Getting Started document aimed at a novice, who doesn't know what all this means yet. Otherwise, have information overload.

Particularly useful would be some example ini files, and how to setup your EQ2 HotBars and Key COmmands to match whats in those files.

I am editing my post above as I learn, to make it a rough version of the document that would have helped me -- hoping this might be cleaned up by UltraBot author, and added to the installation, and maintained as changes are made. Help whoever comes next.

Posted: February 28th, 2006, 4:07 pm

dancinsteve
dancinsteve's Reps:
I'd really like to see some example files:
hunterbot.ini
healbot.ini
harvestbot.ini

This would save a lot of fiddling around getting details right.

By the time I figure out what questions I need to ask, I've probably found the answer.

Posted: February 28th, 2006, 5:40 pm

dancinsteve
dancinsteve's Reps:
I would like to have a semi-automated character.

Specifically, I pick a target, then tell it to fight. Script bots the fight.
Useful when questing, to reduce how much attention need to pay to whats happening in the game.

I got a hunting script working.
Now trying to turn it into this semi-auto char, by turning OFF both Hunting and Harvesting. Figured I could move it around manually, taunt to initiate combat, let Fight Back do the rest.

Does this make sense?
Is there a better way to do this?
Or a different script or macro better suited?

Posted: February 28th, 2006, 8:30 pm

dancinsteve
dancinsteve's Reps:
Now I'm trying to hack UltraBot, so I can use it in this semi-automated way.

Never done any XUnleashed scripting - is there a forum for people *writing* scripts? Maybe I'm just blind, but I couldn't find one...

Anyway, I set to false Hunting & Harvesting. And no way points, so no automated motion.

My first problem is that the Main Loop is running so many times a second, that my computer is essentially locked up, creating a massive debug file.

Guess I try adding a wait to the Main Loop somewhere.
Added to just before end of main loop:
. Pause(100);

Result: Now does a reasonable number of loops per second.
However, status window says ***buffing up***, and every Main Loop in debug says
. DoNextSequence[BuffSequence] is not active yet

I have ~ in Buff Sequence str. Guess I need to put in a real sequence here.

No, that doesn't help. Hmm. It seems that an OFFENSIVE bot with Hunting & Harvesting both off, Fight Back is never checked?

(Minor irritation: if I stop UltraBot, then start it again, it starts a new log file -- but application is still holding a pointer to old log file, so can't view it in a text editor without quitting EQ2. Or maybe this is a bug in XUnleashed or EQ2Service?)

*** Found the problem: OFFENSIVE bot isn't designed to be used with nothing to do - since I"ve got it NOT {Hunting, Harvesting,moving} - it was never doing a PauseWithCheckForAdd(..).

Would be good to add a case that handles this, as the result appears to be a locked script, while the main loop spits debug messages furiously.
Basically should act like a BUFFBOT in this case - Fight Back if attacked, otherwise not initiating anything.

Hmm. So maybe I should be using BUFFBOT.
Trying that. Again, with Hunt=False, Harvest=False, no waypoints, no one to follow.
Result: Nope, still doesn't fight back. Even tho window shows
MODE: FIGHT BACK,
the Status line is just idling waiting for a request.
While idling, doesn't seem to be checking whether being attacked!

Back to OFFENSIVE mode. Hacked in just before end of main loop:
PauseWithCheckForAdd(0.1)

Now it works great :)
My do-nothing character will defend itself if attacked.
The rest of the time, I just control it manually.
If I want to provoke an attack, I taunt.

I don't know if that was the best place to have added that line of code...

It doesn't attempt to loot in this case.

Which reminds me: looting distance was shortened in LU20; looting may fail.

Posted: March 1st, 2006, 5:49 am

loraik
loraik's Reps:
I was unaware the .doc file was not being updated as it was with Megabot (the original script).

Everything you listed is there you just need to tinker with it. It has been said many many many times that the tools are provided, how you use them (and learning to use them) is up to you. Ask questions but remember the programmers pretty much spend all their time trouble shooting and programming.

The captions in the char.ini file alone should be enough to get you a basic understanding and the fact you have the hunter bot figured out means you understand how the code works. Semi-automation is handled by using the cmd. features listed at the very beginning of the script "Commands to control your BUFF BOT" set these controls up on hotkeys and they will do whatever you want.

The fact that you might be new to scripting just means you need to spend more time learning and reading the million posts up here that people asked the exact same questions.

If you have problems getting functions to work, post how your doing it and what is wrong (think you understand that).

Posted: March 2nd, 2006, 7:40 am

danabug
danabug's Reps:
Does anyone know if Richyrich is working on a Buffbot 2.9 anymore. I've gone back to buffbot v2.7 because that is the most stable BUFFBOT out there (IMHO). I've tried Ultrabot and it seems like it is more designed to be a hunterbot more than buffbot. If all you want your buffbot to do is heal and buff you then use megabot v2.7 with fight back = false. The only problem with v2.7 is that when in fight mode and the fight is over if a dot hits you then the bot goes into attack mode thinking its being attacked. Ultrabot is a good script for hunters but maybe Slamm could make one more suited to just being a BUFFBOT. I know a few people who would love to see just one for healing and buffing and throw an attack in here and there. I also like the res string in Ultra that if I knew enough about programming I would like to add into v2.7 of megabot. If anyone knows how to edit the res string into megabot v2.7 I would be greatful. One last request, can anyone make thier bot loot automatically when the loot window pops up? Currently I loot with the guy im playing and then lean over to hit the enter key for my bot to loot. i would like it to hit enter when that window pops up. Can the bot be designed to hit the enter key after like 20 secs after the end of a fight. I know its a not a huge problem but if it saves me from having to lean over to my other computer to loot I would love it. Thanks for any help!

D.

Posted: March 2nd, 2006, 8:02 am

dancinsteve
dancinsteve's Reps:
slam666, here is a patch to UltraBot to eliminate any extra harvesting - it stops when the resource is exhausted:

current script:
EQ2UltraBot_Harvest_v23.vbs:
. Sub HarvestNode
. . For i = 1 To MaxHarvestPerNode
.. Next

Replace For/Next loop with:

For i = 1 To MaxHarvestPerNode
. SendKey(SelectHarvestKey(gMobName))
. If (PauseWithCheckForAdd(6)) then
. . Exit Sub ' If we got jumped - exit and FIGHT!
. end If
. If (Not GetRess()) then
. . Exit Sub ' resource is gone - exit.
. end If
Next

P.S. Thanx for UltraBot!

Posted: March 2nd, 2006, 9:32 am

slam666

Total Posts: 1184
slam666's Reps: 1
premium
danabug (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Does anyone know if Richyrich is working on a Buffbot 2.9 anymore. I've gone back to buffbot v2.7 because that is the most stable BUFFBOT out there (IMHO). I've tried Ultrabot and it seems like it is more designed to be a hunterbot more than buffbot. If all you want your buffbot to do is heal and buff you then use megabot v2.7 with fight back = false. The only problem with v2.7 is that when in fight mode and the fight is over if a dot hits you then the bot goes into attack mode thinking its being attacked. Ultrabot is a good script for hunters but maybe Slamm could make one more suited to just being a BUFFBOT. I know a few people who would love to see just one for healing and buffing and throw an attack in here and there. I also like the res string in Ultra that if I knew enough about programming I would like to add into v2.7 of megabot. If anyone knows how to edit the res string into megabot v2.7 I would be greatful. One last request, can anyone make thier bot loot automatically when the loot window pops up? Currently I loot with the guy im playing and then lean over to hit the enter key for my bot to loot. i would like it to hit enter when that window pops up. Can the bot be designed to hit the enter key after like 20 secs after the end of a fight. I know its a not a huge problem but if it saves me from having to lean over to my other computer to loot I would love it. Thanks for any help!

D.

What is not working in UB for buffbot?

For looting just change group option and select free for all.

Author of EQ2Ultrabot, NOW WITH CRAFTING!!!
Read this before asking for help

Posted: March 3rd, 2006, 6:42 am

loraik
loraik's Reps:
Yes Richy had come out with a 2.9 beta 3 I just can't get him to release it.

You should beable to strip Ultrabot all the way down to, for "just" a buffbot with fast "automated" responce turn off fight back and onece UB is loaded type "/log" so it is no longer monitoring the log file.

Loraik

Posted: March 3rd, 2006, 10:38 am

danabug
danabug's Reps:
I'll try ultra in buffbot mode with fight back off. I'm pretty sure I've tried it like this but I'll give it another go. Thanks for the replies. I normally play with my bot in a group so I dont want to free for all the loot. I guess I'll keep leaning over to the other PC to loot.

Loriak - If I turn of the /log in ultra does it stop reading the file? I send tells to my bot when I want it to do stuff in the response str and I dont want that to stop working. Will my response str work if I turn off the log?

D.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online