taultunleashed logoEQ2Crafter 2.1 Discussion (OUTDATED) : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 3
newtopic  postreply
 [ 71 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
blue large dot

EQ2Crafter 2.1 Discussion (OUTDATED) : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 3

Posted: January 11th, 2005, 10:37 am

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
If you are crashing, please follow these instructions:

1. Get this attachment. Place the dll in your eq2 crafter folder.
2. Uncheck auto-updates as it will replace this debug version.
3. Try to craft.
4. When you crash, PM me the eq2crafter.log file in your xunleashed folder and I can see if it helps me find the line in the code that is causing you to crash out.

Last edited by wyvernx on January 11th, 2005, 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: January 11th, 2005, 5:10 pm

dlooshnl
dlooshnl's Reps:
got the dll... followed the directions above...crashed 4 times now and no eq2crafterlog file is showing up in any folder.. just the xunleashedlog file.. am i doing somehting wrong ... seems like a problem i have seen using me3.. if you dont have me3 up and running prior to starting eq this is exactly what happens. ie whenever i would minimize and boot up me3 i would get less then one crafting session in before eq2 crashed... but when i ran me3 then booted eq2 never had a problem...macroexpress3 was just used as a hotkey clicker.. their getpixel function doesnt work with dx , so here i am trying to use this..../sigh... help me out wyv

Posted: January 11th, 2005, 5:20 pm

wyvernx

administrator
premium
dlooshne, do not force update plugins, and be SURE you uncheck the auto-update plugins.

Other users have sent me their logs, so I know the debug dll is working and dumping output.

Place the dll in your eq2crafter folder, and overwrite the current dll.

Here is a new dll also that has alot more logging and some minor fixes.

This will dump out ALOT of logs, so dont use it for regular crafting, it is just to help me find out where the crashes are happending, so i can fix it.

I dont get any crashes, so it is hard to track this down.

Anyway, those that are crashing, get this latest version.

Should be version 2.1.0.4

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: January 11th, 2005, 9:22 pm

wyvernx

administrator
premium
Update. I have received reports that one user that is crashing will ONLY crash when he presses the #2 key. He doesnot crash at all if he presses #1 or #3. Does this happen to anybody else? Are you able to reproduce the crash like that?

Posted: January 11th, 2005, 9:45 pm

boggar4
boggar4's Reps:
That happened to me tonight.

The first time it completed an entire combine before training was complete. It crashed on the next combine, and on the third key being trained. btw - it is countering much better than before, so I was getting excited there for a sec. I am sure it was the #2 key.

I tried again, and it crashed on the third key being trained. This time however it was the #1 key.

Both times was the third key being trained.

Posted: January 11th, 2005, 10:13 pm

boggar4
boggar4's Reps:
Follow up testing;

First test - trained #1 key, crashed on #2 key being pressed.

Second test - trained #2 key, trained #3 key, crashed 10 secs later with no keyboard input.

Third test - crashed without any keyboard input and before any keys were trained.

I rebooted between tests, and repeated all actions as closely as I could.

Sorry, prolly not what you wanted to see. But if others find a pattern - you can toss out my testing (my rig is not the fastest thing around).

Posted: January 11th, 2005, 10:17 pm

wyvernx

administrator
premium
Hmm.. well thanks. As I dont get any crashes, it is very difficult to narrow down why it is crashing on some people's computers.

I have one more idea that might shed some light on things, will post an update debug dll tomorrow and we'll see.

Posted: January 11th, 2005, 10:58 pm

violenza
violenza's Reps:
Just wanted to leave some positive feedback. 2.1 is working great for me and haven't crashed at all.

Is the ability to stop at a certain quality level in this version? Wasn't sure if I didn't see it or if it didn't make it in.

Thanks

Posted: January 11th, 2005, 11:09 pm

hydru
hydru's Reps:
I really liked version one, but this 2.1 version just isn't working for me. I've spent a lot of time just trying to set it up, but when I select the buffs, it never catches all three, so when it starts crafting I always get hit by one or more failures.

I really liked the window that said the RGB of the three buffs that was in the first one. Any way to bring that back, or put that on a page? It'd help me a lot with the timing for getting the buffs set up.

Posted: January 12th, 2005, 12:09 am

wyvernx

administrator
premium
hydru, it is the same logic for countering buffs, that hasnt changed.

Be sure to LOCK your crafting window using the window properties (right click)

Also, when you are in the learning mode, be sure that there is a clear buff before you press the counter button. Sometimes if 2 buffs show up back to back in learning, it will not catch the second one. So just let it pass.

Posted: January 12th, 2005, 12:26 am

hydru
hydru's Reps:
Yeah, I've done it waiting for 3-4+ ticks between buffs, and it still doesn't catch it. I just tried for an hour and a 1/2 to just configure the crafter to catch all three buffs and I never got it to succeed with more then 1 buff.

I had the same problems with your version 1, but since I could see the RGB values, I knew right when I missed and could restart the crafting process then, instead of needing to wait for all 3 buffs.

There is room on the crafter for one more tab, to have it display the crafting RGB values would be nice, imo.

I've tried hitting the buffs as soon as it appears, waiting after it's been on a little, waiting till after it says push it quickly, and waiting till the buff is almost gone. Many many times with all of them, and no goes.

I think maybe there is more logic in this loop, and so there is a longer delay between your keypress and when it registers the color maybe?

Also, I was in extreme preformance mode,. I'll try uping that a little to see if that helps.

Posted: January 12th, 2005, 12:41 am

sumadyen

Total Posts: 20
sumadyen's Reps: 0
premium
One question is the EQ2 crafter the only extra plugin u are using then.

Reason being i been trying to duplicate (the crash) it and not getting it to fail for me? Also i have DX 9.0 c and not had any problems with it here is the systems i tested it on

My laptop system:

P4 3.2 Ghz
1Gig ram
ATI radeon 9700
80 Gig HDD

Home PC:
P4 2.8Ghz X 2 (dual motherboard)
2 Gig ram
Nvidia Geforce FX5500
120 Gig HDD
SATA 80 Gig (operating system)

What system are u having problems with it on, cause maybe it a config not in the program ?

Posted: January 12th, 2005, 12:45 am

wyvernx

administrator
premium
Sure, I can put them back on there.

Actually, I have another idea that might help too.

I can add a check to see if there is no buff and ignore the buff set for those cases. I mean the background is one solid color. So I'll just add a check for that in the next release too.

Posted: January 12th, 2005, 3:27 am

dlooshnl
dlooshnl's Reps:
curiously, could it be just do to video lag.. my resolution is 1800X1440 both windowed and fullscreen....game runs fine without XU.. with XU seems pretty laggy.. realy been fighting with changing resolution do to UI displacement...
and i still never got the logger to work.. only logs that would be in my XU file was Xunleashedlog..i tried copying the file to the eq2crafter directory...before startup..after startup and the whole time ensuring updates were not on auto

Posted: January 12th, 2005, 3:35 am

wyvernx

administrator
premium
dlooshnl, I'm not sure what you are talking about.

I have testers working with the debug.dll and it doesnt help any. I am working on versino 2.2 that will omit all object calls and replace them with simple queries. I still think it is a COM issue, but I'm not sure. 2.2 should help. I'll have that out tomorrow. Gotta get some sleep now.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online