taultunleashed logoEQ2Crafter 2.1 Discussion (OUTDATED) : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 4
newtopic  postreply
 [ 71 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
blue large dot

EQ2Crafter 2.1 Discussion (OUTDATED) : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 4

Posted: January 12th, 2005, 3:35 am

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
Unless you are having other problems. The debug file was for those that were crashing.

Posted: January 12th, 2005, 3:42 am

dlooshnl
dlooshnl's Reps:
yes, i am having same crash problems as those who were stating they crashed within 10-20 secs of starting the setup process.. button 1 or 2 or 3 or no buton at all .. just crash to black screen with the tell microsoft about it window.

Posted: January 12th, 2005, 4:09 am

sumadyen

Total Posts: 20
sumadyen's Reps: 0
premium
dlooshnl

Changed my resolution to the same as yours and still cannot get the crafter plugin to fail LOL typical.

Attempt to change your resolution to a lower one and see if that does not sort it, mines 1260 X something or other atm, what version of screen card drivers do u have loaded btw ?

One other question does the normal XU work without the EQ2 plugin then ?
Cause did some checks as well and cant see a reason for the crashes at all and cant even duplicate them LOL.

Posted: January 12th, 2005, 5:26 am

puddy442

Total Posts: 5
puddy442's Reps: 0
I am having all the crashing problems like the rest. What I have found is I can run all the normal functions of Xu but as soon as I call up the builder (I dont even have to use it.. it will crash, just takes longer). I am wondering if all the crash prone people are using Ati Vid cards? Maybe the crashes are because of DX and Ati drivers, and Eq are duking it out. Just an Idea. Non Programmer so..

Was just looking for a common thread between all the people that are having problems.
:shock:

Posted: January 12th, 2005, 7:35 am

nahoj
nahoj's Reps:
I got an ATi card and it working smooth for me.

Posted: January 12th, 2005, 9:55 am

dlooshnl
dlooshnl's Reps:
i have a radeon 9800pro, 1gb, amd 3200, windows xp pro, admittedly i have zero experience with xunleashed...had a bit with xylo.. atm i have just been using macroexpress 3.0 and spamming the no cost hotkeys .. works ok but as most prolly know the Forge is an asskicker and one moment of not paying attn = dead.. so i decided to chk out xu...the test function worked fine...as far as the eq2 crafter plugin goes i get the random lockup within 30 secs of opening the plug-in window....

now this info may be totally irrelevant but it is the only good peice of info i can add... while using macro express...if i dont start macro express prior to loading eq2... the exact same thing will happen as what is happening here... so to be more specific

if i have eq2 running
go to windowed mode
execute macro express
start the crafting macro i have on that system
within 30 secs eq2 will crash

however if ME3 is running first
works fine

the triggering event seems to have something to do with plug in window.. cuz i can play all day but once that window is up...crash imminent

like i said this may or may not help...and im sure most and prolly all of you dont have ME3.. but it was worth a shot

oh one more key point only resident program i use is the nostromo keypad software

Posted: January 12th, 2005, 10:04 am

gbelcik
gbelcik's Reps:
i was having the problem where i hit number 2 and it crashed, i tried the new dll then it crashed upon loading, i reinstalled plugin and now the box just sits up there and none of the buttons do anything i cant even start the select fuel part confused :(

Posted: January 12th, 2005, 11:54 am

dlooshnl
dlooshnl's Reps:
some more info that seemed odd

1) while using the forge i got to my 3rd tick on the creation process.. no icon had shown, but i was getting the "push button 1-3 for the icon showing" spam.. unsure if this is right or wrong.. have seen this before when it seemed to be working correctly

2) the items crafted was steady climbing.. i hadnt yet completed 1 item but the counter in the window said i had created 3 before i crashed and the teir 4 thing or whatever it is had 2 in its info slot

Posted: January 12th, 2005, 3:09 pm

wyvernx

administrator
premium
I should have version 2.2 up later this evening (or atleast another debug version). I am going to attempt to remove some code that might confuse COM into destroying pointers and cause a crash.

Posted: January 12th, 2005, 4:12 pm

equinox654
equinox654's Reps:
How many of you crashing are using athlon 64 processors?Or better yet has anyone with a intel or athlon xp system crashed? Everyone ive seen thats posted their system specs and is crashing has an athlon 64 chip.

I have an athlon 64 and a 6800gt and it crashes right away for me.

Posted: January 12th, 2005, 4:14 pm

wyvernx

administrator
premium
Hmm.. I am running pentium processors. And I dont crash.

Posted: January 12th, 2005, 4:52 pm

nightdew
nightdew's Reps:
As always i am getting a division by zero crash as soon as i click start crafting.....

ATI 9600 Pro
AMD processor

Posted: January 12th, 2005, 4:57 pm

equinox654
equinox654's Reps:
This furthers my hypothesis, I just installed xu on my old computer a 3.2gig p4(which has every component in it that my pc had the first time i tried the maco program minus the board and chip and hard drive) and it runs it just fine.

Posted: January 12th, 2005, 5:10 pm

boggar4
boggar4's Reps:
I am running an AMD XP and I have the crashing problem.

Posted: January 12th, 2005, 5:21 pm

gbelcik
gbelcik's Reps:
xp 3000 and im crashin

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online