taultunleashed logoEQ2Unleashed EQ2 Radar : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 8
newtopic  postreply
 [ 301 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 21  Next
blue large dot

EQ2Unleashed EQ2 Radar : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 8

Posted: March 2nd, 2005, 12:18 pm

kenshiro
kenshiro's Reps:
krytical";p="57357 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
jager_meister";p="57352 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
oh and wyvernx can you make it to where it makes a sound when a ? is in view? (but first get the amd fix lol)

Personally I prefer not to add this feature. Using the current radar to farm "?"s are really enough (and I consider it BAD). Without the rader, the farming activity is already very common. If there will be a sound when a "?" is in view, I'm sure many people will just stand at a "?" spawn spot and farming all night.

Posted: March 2nd, 2005, 3:34 pm

krytical
krytical's Reps:
but could it not be an option? because when using a speed hack stuff flys past you pretty fast... so its kinda hard to see it even on the radar (i would imagine)

Posted: March 3rd, 2005, 7:49 am

mark758
mark758's Reps:
Great tool, just started using it and it works great.

My wish list (some of which has already been mentioned):

* Map shows which mobs are aggro and which arent
* Option to clear map memory (fix for problem when previous zone stuff shows up)
* If you make a seperate window for AMD fix then make it work with dual monitors if possible (maybe the same for a spawn list or notifier)
* option for map to face N-E-S-W or direction character is facing

Posted: March 3rd, 2005, 4:16 pm

goat6574
goat6574's Reps:
Hey Wyvern, everythign is working so far except the radar plugin. EQ2 only crashes when i open it up. I have no fraps etc, and ive tried with the packet sniffer checked and unchecked.

thanks

Posted: March 3rd, 2005, 5:29 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
It is not compatible with AMD processors atm.

Posted: March 3rd, 2005, 6:18 pm

goat6574
goat6574's Reps:
ahh ok thanks. any eta on a fix?

Posted: March 4th, 2005, 1:37 am

blueknight

Total Posts: 136
blueknight's Reps: 2
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Oh Wyvernx, one thing I remembered about the con system ... In EQ2 it now takes into acount the group average level rather then the player level. So if a level 20 was grouped with a level 10 it would con at level 15 (and would agro as if you are level 15). This of course is not an issue if you are solo but would have an effect on traveling in a group. Conning based on the players level with the EQ2 colors would of course be a huge improvement but conning based on the group level is even better. I am really looking forward to the next release. I am relying on the map tool daily now.

Thanks!

Posted: March 5th, 2005, 4:20 pm

zelindar
zelindar's Reps:
First, thanks for such great programs!

Pardon the ludite questions here, but... I have the mapper set up to cover part of my screen and all is well. However, on the Mapping tab I can't read the teeny tiny buttons and don't know how they work (what to do with them). I'd like to set up conning so I know what level mobs are around me. Also not sure what the local/region/global buttons are for.

I haven't found any tutorial so thought I'd better ask here.

My wish list - change the shapes from round dots to various things- round for mobs, triangle for NPC, star for PCs, whatever. And PLEASE make font adjustable for us older players!

Love the site but would truly appreciate some tutorials to explain how to set up various programs.

Posted: March 6th, 2005, 12:33 am

djvj

Total Posts: 272
djvj's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
blueknight";p="57721 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Oh Wyvernx, one thing I remembered about the con system ... In EQ2 it now takes into acount the group average level rather then the player level. So if a level 20 was grouped with a level 10 it would con at level 15 (and would agro as if you are level 15). This of course is not an issue if you are solo but would have an effect on traveling in a group. Conning based on the players level with the EQ2 colors would of course be a huge improvement but conning based on the group level is even better. I am really looking forward to the next release. I am relying on the map tool daily now.

Thanks!

It doesnt affect conning that much. I have a lvl 50 and 2 40's in a group and mobs only become green at 43. If your theory were true, average lvl of that group would be 43 and mobs would turn green at 37/38

Posted: March 6th, 2005, 4:42 pm

mutter
mutter's Reps:
Any ETA on AMD fix? this looks very promising.

Posted: March 7th, 2005, 12:55 am

blueknight

Total Posts: 136
blueknight's Reps: 2
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Djvj, there is some minimum limit for the scaling con. But for instance, I am lvl 46 and with a lvl 38 in my group a lvl 37 mob will turn green. A mob that is normally grey to you will never go higher then green to you though. It will only go green if the group average will con it higher then grey. But like I said, there is a minimum cap to this although I have not figured out the cutoff point.

Posted: March 7th, 2005, 12:30 pm

sinshar

Total Posts: 199
sinshar's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
Wyv, I have The crafter plugin working, and the harvester working, but for some reason the radar crashes me or just sits there on the grid screen.. Any ideas.. i do have an AMD chip..
Thanks.

Posted: March 7th, 2005, 12:39 pm

krytical
krytical's Reps:
thats the amd bug

Posted: March 7th, 2005, 6:04 pm

djvj

Total Posts: 272
djvj's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
amazing how people still post with radar problems when almost every page and thread about the radar already has somebody else with the same problem and wyvern responding...

Posted: March 8th, 2005, 4:02 am

zelindar
zelindar's Reps:
As I said in an ealier thread, "...on the Mapping tab I can't read the teeny tiny buttons and don't know how they work (what to do with them). I'd like to set up conning so I know what level mobs are around me. Also not sure what the local/region/global buttons are for.

I haven't found any tutorial so thought I'd better ask here. "

Will someone please explain the buttons and how to use them / shat they say? They are too small to read the text in them. ALso, please explain te uses of global/regional/local buttons.

Surely, I'm not the only one who isnt sure how to use these features.

thanks

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online