taultunleashed logoEQ2Unleashed EQ2 Radar : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 9
newtopic  postreply
 [ 301 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 21  Next
blue large dot

EQ2Unleashed EQ2 Radar : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 9

Posted: March 8th, 2005, 2:15 pm

blueknight

Total Posts: 136
blueknight's Reps: 2
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
The radar plugin is a work in progress. I know Wyvern is still working on it and I would suspect that the documentation will follow after a "released" version is available. It was just that a lot of people were asking for the preliminary.

As to the buttons, The + and - buttons will increase the zoom on the first tab and will increase the size of the displayed map on the second tab. The colored buttons change the color of the text on that tab. The check boxes change what is displayed on the map. The minimize button will display the map with a transperent background. I am not sure how the marker stuff works though.

Sorry for the vague info. Since EQ2 is down right now I could not look up the specific info and am just giving you what I can off the top of my head.

Posted: March 8th, 2005, 2:22 pm

djvj

Total Posts: 272
djvj's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
The mapping tab, if I remember is the last tab, is used for map creation. It works in FFXI but does not in eq2 yet. Its use is to start and stop lines used in map creation, along with using the colors to denote rivers/roads/buildings/etc to your like.

Posted: March 8th, 2005, 8:10 pm

sheepshagger
sheepshagger's Reps:
Can't download and install Radar now. Seems to be crossed with mapper.

Posted: March 9th, 2005, 12:51 pm

zelindar
zelindar's Reps:
Thanks for the replies. Knowing that the last tab doesn't work in EQ2 yet helps immensly!

Posted: March 9th, 2005, 6:05 pm

sheepshagger
sheepshagger's Reps:
When I download the .xui it installs as the EQ2Unleashed Map Plugin and not Radar......

I can get into the game, but when I click on the Map tab it shows a really small box then crashes the system. The box looks like a grid.. nothing like the radar screenshots....

Posted: March 9th, 2005, 7:12 pm

jabst192

Total Posts: 17
jabst192's Reps: 0
premium
sounds alot like the amd problem everyone else on the board has been having? read the last 8 pages of posts :lol:

Posted: March 9th, 2005, 8:48 pm

sheepshagger
sheepshagger's Reps:
sheepshagger";p="58431 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
When I download the .xui it installs as the EQ2Unleashed Map Plugin and not Radar......

I can get into the game, but when I click on the Map tab it shows a really small box then crashes the system. The box looks like a grid.. nothing like the radar screenshots....

Yea, I figure the crash is due to the AMD issue. But why it installs as another plugin instead of Radar and why for the few secs it does work, it doesn't look like any of the screenshots I don't know....

Posted: March 10th, 2005, 4:26 am

mark758
mark758's Reps:
If you didnt have the AMD crash problem here's how to get it looking like the screenshots.

Initially when you start the plugin the first time it is zoomed out fully and the map box is very small.

(this is from memory as the servers are down).

1) You need to have another window (such as inventory or persona) behind the radar screen for any of the buttons to work.

2) On the second tab there is a plus and minus box to make the radar screen bigger. I make it as big as possible without it covering my hotbars, health indicator etc.

3) Back on the first tab there is a plus and minus box to zoom in, use those to zoom in so the radar fills the while screen and you can see each radar target individually.

4) Back to the second tab there is a minimize button which removes the radar box but keep the radar targets up on a transparent overlay.

(if like me you use it for harvesting you should turn off NPC names on the second tab, I now navigate solely using the radar, moving in between radar dots that I know are aggro mobs to get to the harvestables and ? spots, it is very easy with practice to judge aggro range on the radar and to spotaggro moving closer to you).

Posted: March 10th, 2005, 6:25 am

sheepshagger
sheepshagger's Reps:
Mark,
Thanks for your reply. It was rather confusing as the plugin identifies itself as a map plugin and not a radar plugin....

I get into the game ok now (first time I tried it, it would crash my system zoning in). But when I click on the Map tab, it brings up the small box and within secs crashes out of the game. Not sure if that's an AMD issue or not.

Posted: March 10th, 2005, 11:38 am

stirocks
stirocks's Reps:
I tried this out lastnight and it works great! Being able to see 360 all around is great just for the Harvesting and "?'s". But I did notice that once something comes onto the radar screen I can actually Target it in game (as long as its not blocked by a wall or hill). Is there a way to increase the range on this radar or does eq2 only provide you so much data at range?

I also read you were making a font sixe feature to this any ETA?

Keep up the good work!

Posted: March 10th, 2005, 2:04 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
I will be adding a font fix very soon. I am leaving on vacation tomorrow and will be gone a week. So it will have to be after that.

As for the range, whatyou see is all you can get.

I dont know of any settings that will allow a further range to be displayed. Have you tried playing with the graphics settings? I dont know if you extend the fog/drawing distance if it effects when things come into the client.

Posted: March 10th, 2005, 2:32 pm

krytical
krytical's Reps:
any news on the amd fix? i doubt it will come before the vacation but how soon after?

Posted: March 10th, 2005, 7:27 pm

djvj

Total Posts: 272
djvj's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
sheepshagger";p="58476 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Mark,
Thanks for your reply. It was rather confusing as the plugin identifies itself as a map plugin and not a radar plugin....

I get into the game ok now (first time I tried it, it would crash my system zoning in). But when I click on the Map tab, it brings up the small box and within secs crashes out of the game. Not sure if that's an AMD issue or not.

Sheep, thats cause it IS a map plugin, we just call it radar cause thats all thats working in eq2 right now. But it has the functionality there to be able to make maps.

Posted: March 10th, 2005, 8:04 pm

sheepshagger
sheepshagger's Reps:
:oops:

Posted: March 19th, 2005, 11:21 am

altus1
altus1's Reps:
New member here - interested to know if the AMD issue has an ETA or any info as to what the details of the problem is. I'm sure it's a similar situation to a bad pointer problem found earlier. thanks, alt

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online