newtopic  postreply
 [ 244 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
blue large dot

Harvest Bot : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 2

Posted: February 13th, 2005, 11:20 am

mally42
mally42's Reps:
OK what am I doing wrong....

I run the script and I can be standing right next to a resource and it won't harvest or even target it. After the script sleeps it will make my character run for a few seconds then sleep saying no resources found. Now I did not edit the script at all. When I looked at it the resources that were set to gather already (cloven ore, wind swept rock, armadillo den and oasis shurbery) were fine. I set up the hot keys as 1. mining 2. trapping 3. gathering. I also did not change the wander distance, max gather or any other variables... it's the original script I downloaded, all I did was setup the hot keys the way they were set in the script from what i could tell. I'm a total noob so chances are I'm missing something stupid....

Thx for the help in advance ;)

Posted: February 13th, 2005, 1:07 pm

macaw2000
macaw2000's Reps:
I see where to specify resources in the script, but what do you mean by set up the hotkeys? I assume we make some hotkeys in EQ2 but what commands should those hotkeys perform? A bit confused there.

Posted: February 13th, 2005, 1:09 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
Yea i'm gonna add an array that will store invalid resource nodes and it will skip those.

Posted: February 13th, 2005, 2:50 pm

scornn
scornn's Reps:
Macaw2000,

Click EQ2 -> Knowlege (Abilities) and Drag Mining etc, to your hot bar in the 1 2 3 positions.

Posted: February 13th, 2005, 3:03 pm

macaw2000
macaw2000's Reps:
Ahh ok thanks. I see what he's doing.

Wryv here's a better way to do that so hotkeys aren't needed:

[font=Courier New]'Resources to look for. Syntax: ability, ResourceName
Resources = array( _
array("/useability Mining", "cloven ore"), _
array("/useability Mining", "wind swept rock"), _
array("/useability Trapping", "armadillo den"), _
array("/useability Gathering", "oasis shrubbery") _
)[/font]

Also, if we could all reply with the types of harvestables out there, then maybe we can modify the script to include them all and no modifying of the script will ever be needed.

Posted: February 13th, 2005, 3:15 pm

richyrich
richyrich's Reps:
Macaw - very good info to know, but I'm not sure I would do the useability command - it is a dead giveaway that you are using a script as it is a non-normal thing for people to do. In my EQ2MegaBot script, I have done as many things as I can by hot keys and function keys, especially anything that is often repeated, just like a real person would as to not raise eye brows. Creating an array mapped to the right key is a great idea. Just my 2 cent to keep from getting caught from a person who wrote a lot of code just to make it look like a person :-)

Rich

Posted: February 13th, 2005, 3:46 pm

wyvernx

administrator
premium
macaw2000, if we can get a full list of items to harvest, I can create an array that will have "standard hotkey" setups. Ie so no matter what zone you go into, it will always be 1= mining, 2 = foresting,etc.

and the user would not need to configure the names of the resources, unless they wanted to ONLY harvest one type.

Posted: February 13th, 2005, 6:32 pm

sirusdv

Total Posts: 19
sirusdv's Reps: 0
premium
An issue that I found while harvesting near the druid ring in commonlands is that as mobs wonder in and out of range the array of mob names and indicies changes but the script can't compensate for it so it tries to go harvest a deer or something. Only way to get around this as I see it is to encorperate event handlers for changes in the mob array.

Posted: February 13th, 2005, 7:08 pm

merald
merald's Reps:
wyvernx";p="55058 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
macaw2000, if we can get a full list of items to harvest, I can create an array that will have "standard hotkey" setups. Ie so no matter what zone you go into, it will always be 1= mining, 2 = foresting,etc.

and the user would not need to configure the names of the resources, unless they wanted to ONLY harvest one type.

maybe this would help you:
http://www.eq2.role-players.com/list.php

Posted: February 13th, 2005, 7:47 pm

wyvernx

administrator
premium
sirusdv, yea I'm working on a better solution than using the Index in the array. Like using the SpawnID's instead. And storing that instead of the Index. So then later when ya need to access it, find it by ID instead of index. They usually wont change alot, but it is enough to cause problems.

Posted: February 13th, 2005, 8:17 pm

macaw2000
macaw2000's Reps:
Here is the data from Merald's list using a fancy Web Query and formula from Excel:

(!empty($user->lang['CODE'])) ? $user->lang['CODE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'CODE'))):
'Resources to look for.  Syntax:  HOTKEY, ResourceName
Resources = array( _
   array("1", "alluvium ore"), _
   array("4", "arbor"), _
   array("2", "badger den"), _
   array("1", "callous ore"), _
   array("2", "critter den"), _
   array("4", "decrepit arbor"), _
   array("2", "deer den"), _
   array("2", "dire wolf den"), _
   array("1", "dusky ore"), _
   array("3", "fairy ring"), _
   array("4", "felled high plains arbor"), _
   array("4", "fetid arbor"), _
   array("1", "hermetic stone"), _
   array("3", "high plains fungi"), _
   array("3", "high plains shrubbery"), _
   array("3", "mesquite catch weed"), _
   array("5", "mob of fish"), _
   array("2", "molerat den"), _
   array("3", "musty roots"), _
   array("3", "mystic natural garden"), _
   array("3", "natural garden"), _
   array("3", "natural herb garden"), _
   array("1", "ore"), _
   array("3", "ovegrown fairy ring"), _
   array("3", "overgrown bed of greenslade"), _
   array("3", "piperaceae"), _
   array("3", "plains fungi"), _
   array("3", "plains roots"), _
   array("3", "plains shrubbery"), _
   array("1", "residual ore"), _
   array("1", "rhythmic stone"), _
   array("1", "rigid stone"), _
   array("3", "roots"), _
   array("1", "sandwashed rock"), _
   array("5", "school of fish"), _
   array("5", "shoal of fish"), _
   array("3", "stody roots"), _
   array("1", "stonecrest ore"), _
   array("5", "throng of fish"), _
   array("3", "velvety roots"), _
   array("4", "wind felled tree"), _
   array("1", "wind swept stones"), _
   array("4", "wretched arbor") _
)

Posted: February 14th, 2005, 1:20 am

pennyb
pennyb's Reps:
Firstly - thank you for another great tool :)

Please do not take this as a complaint, but I do have a couple of points though :)

I was trying to fish in the Elemental Lands beach. What transpired was that the script would fish all of the groups but one in the area then give up saying that there were no resources in the area and proceed to sleep for 30 seconds. It then repeated this even though there were fish withing the range and in the area (a found message appears in the dialog).

In looking at the EQTest.txt log file, it appears as though it only tries to select the nearest target twice (TAB) ? and if that is not the required resouce then it gives up ? I managed to find seamist fairies instead of fish on both occasions according to the log.

Secondly, there appears to be no way to stop the script once started, even pressing the stop button, although it changes to start, no further scripts can be run or the harvesting script restarted. I had to shut down EQ2 and XU and restart to get it to work again.

Other than this, a great script :)

Posted: February 14th, 2005, 2:28 am

wyvernx

administrator
premium
pennyb, to close the script ya have to have the persona window behind it.

But F12 should work. Now if it is sleeping, it wont stop until the end of the 30 seconds.

Posted: February 14th, 2005, 8:59 am

bloodsmith
bloodsmith's Reps:
I'm have this issue aswell, I keep the personal window up with the script infront of it, hiting stop or F12 will stop most of the script but it constantly pounds "a" and "w" to run foreward. any sugestions?

Posted: February 14th, 2005, 10:28 am

tazman076

Total Posts: 169
tazman076's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
i noticed same issue. that even after stopping the script it will continue to move you forward as long as you have the eq window on top. if you switch to any other app ofcourse the it stops but the script continues to send the aaaaa

also noticed when done with a node it seems to run through the resources in the order you have them listed. i.e. if you have the ore on top it will look for an ore node in the area and proceed to it. if not then it will go to choice #2. which ends up leaving the closest nodes to you untouched and chances of ever hitting your 4th or 5th choice are slim. I havn't had time to look into but was going to see if there was a way for us to have it target closest node and pick the appropriate hot key

but all in all great start wyv... soon as i got my guy to start walking around and harvesting by himself i just about had an orgasm

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online