taultunleashed logoHarvest Bot : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 4
newtopic  postreply
 [ 244 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next
blue large dot

Harvest Bot : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 4

Posted: February 16th, 2005, 10:53 pm

relaxingatuf
relaxingatuf's Reps:
window behind script window, hit start, nothing happens (except hit f12 to end).

I see this in the log a bunch, but i dont think it is related.
02/16/05 07:35:08 PM ERROR: Requested DirectX9 Screen Format is not currently compatable with XUnleashed.

02/16/05 07:35:08 PM Using 32-bit compatibility mode D3DFMT_X8R8G8B8

02/16/05 07:35:09 PM FOUND: Direct3DDevice9::Present

02/16/05 07:35:09 PM Releasing XUnleashed DX9 BackBuffers.

02/16/05 07:35:09 PM Released XUnleashed DX9 BackBuffers.

02/16/05 07:35:09 PM Initializing DX9 BackBuffers...

02/16/05 07:36:09 PM DETECTED: Direct3DDevice9 Reset

02/16/05 07:36:09 PM ERROR: Requested DirectX9 Screen Format is not currently compatable with XUnleashed.

02/16/05 07:36:09 PM Using 32-bit compatibility mode D3DFMT_X8R8G8B8

gonna try again some now

Posted: February 16th, 2005, 11:08 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
That log is ok.

what about the harvester log that is created in the scripts folder?

Posted: February 16th, 2005, 11:22 pm

relaxingatuf
relaxingatuf's Reps:
HAHA! I got it. Okay great, now its targeting the animals all around me, not the critter den etc... however i see the script working wonders! running me to fro. Awesome work wyv. Seeing what i can dow ith it now.

Posted: February 16th, 2005, 11:23 pm

relaxingatuf
relaxingatuf's Reps:
fixed, i think rebinding something to make sure tab was the right button.

Posted: February 16th, 2005, 11:33 pm

relaxingatuf
relaxingatuf's Reps:
Alright, it runs up targets, but then nothing. Have my hotbutton bar set (for numbers 1-10) for the correct 1-4 abilities. That did nothing.

I replaced "1" with "/useability ___" however it types it into chat but doesn't hit enter.

Any way i can get it to hit enter after typing that string?

Edit: For some reason, just rewriting the whole beginning and pasting in the link code someone provided worked better than my own. Though if you could incorporate a command that could hit enter, i could come up with a few neat script ideas, using some of those. Perhaps if we had a list of buying commands, they have to be there somewhere. /send_merchant buy.candle something like that maybe,guess though.

New Idea.

I think it sorts what it sees as far as spawns as far as what order you list your harvest criteria for. Is there any way i could script in a sort function to allow them to set priority? As in, it could search for all the ore in the area first, if no ore real close work down the list from there. So if i am an alchemist i can still harvest everything, but with a heavier focus on metals and roots. :-) maybe? Just an idea, if not its ok i dunno what our boundaries are and am new to scripting.

Posted: February 17th, 2005, 12:14 am

wyvernx

administrator
premium
Using that approach can get you banned.

But to add an enter, add this to the code:

ie /useability_xxx {ENTER}

Sounds like your hotkeys are not setup for 1,2,3, etc, but something like ALT-1, alt-2, etc.
Make sure you put y your hotkeys on the main hotbar.

Then press 1 and see if it sets if off.

Posted: February 17th, 2005, 7:17 am

tazman076

Total Posts: 169
tazman076's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
Wyv - to reiderate what someone else said earlier i notice that my guy will target a node run up to it and the retarget another and run off again without ever attempting to harvest the first one it ran to. not sure what is causing this. also is there anyway we can implement a quick fix for target nearest node? i notice that even if its targeting a specific type i.e. ore. It will run half a mile to find the node it targeted instead of harvesting the one that was right in front of it.

thanks
-Taz

Posted: February 17th, 2005, 8:51 am

eqguru
eqguru's Reps:
I might get flamed for this, but would it be possible to ad an option to not harvest from a node if there is another PC within a certain radius of it? I try to be considerate and not ninja-harvest (I know not everyone agrees with this, which is why it should be an option).

Also, I figure you're less likely to draw unwanted scrutiny to your actions by not !@#$%^&* other harversters off ;)

Posted: February 17th, 2005, 11:54 am

wyvernx

administrator
premium
eqguru nice suggestion.

That is a very good idea!

Posted: February 17th, 2005, 11:55 am

wyvernx

administrator
premium
tazman076, the code currently does not try to the the "nearest" node.

And targeting is done via the {TAB} key.

So if you have changed your default key layout, you will need to edit the script.

Posted: February 17th, 2005, 1:06 pm

blueknight

Total Posts: 136
blueknight's Reps: 2
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
I really like this script. Too bad SOE nerfed the crap out of tradeskills today. Not to mention all of the attune crap. Makes a person want to switch to a new game. But enough of my ranting.

The problems I have noticed with the script are ....
Character getting stuck on geometry. If a player gets stuck on an object it will try to continue to run in that direction forever even though their loc is not changing. At least make the character back up and jump or something. There could also be a "if char does not move more then x feet in 5 min then camp" sort of thing. If you are stuck running into a wall, at least it will not be obvious all night long.

If there is a clif anywhere near by, better not bot there cuz it doesn't care and will drop you to your doom.

Character runs up to nodes but does not harvest them.

There is no way to set even priority. I want the bot to harvest everything on my list from closest to farthest. This seems more consistent with the actions of a real player and wouls have much less probability of raising suspiccions.

On that same line of thinking, the bot is often too direct .. runing across a long distance DIRECTLY to a node there was no way you could have seen. Maybe a little more "wandering" action would be prudent.

If there is a non-harvestable node that happens to be highest priority and close by, the bot will repeatably try to harvest it and will get stuck. (ore in a tree, etc). There should be a max retry and maybe some resolution routine to avoid that node.

As was mentioned earlier, a player courtasy option is good. Maybe make it configurable so that if a player is within X feet you won't harvest. But make sure that it only checks on the first harvest action. I ain't gonna stop because some claim jumper comes over ;-)

If a animal is close to the node you are very likely going to target it before the node and then the bot moves on. This is a dead giveaway that someone is botting. A real player would not be confused by this.

Again, great work as usual. This script really has a lot of potential.

Posted: February 17th, 2005, 2:08 pm

eacable
eacable's Reps:
How about adding in something that shows what your after? It does tell you what it found but can we leep it displayed?

Posted: February 17th, 2005, 2:30 pm

wyvernx

administrator
premium
I am fixing some of the bugs in it.

Remember it is a first release.

Posted: February 17th, 2005, 3:32 pm

relaxingatuf
relaxingatuf's Reps:
Is there any possibility of aggro avoidance? Perhaps if I collected data on mob names to avoid? I dunno also, wyv i'd be happy to help on any data aquisition stuff you need. Just let me know.

Aggro avoidance would let me harvest in Zek and the like :-D :-D

Posted: February 17th, 2005, 4:35 pm

wyvernx

administrator
premium
Once I get the con messages in there, I can just avoid mobs that con aggro.

I would not want to do it name based. But API based and read if the mob is aggro or not.

Same with players if they are harvesting the same node or nodes near the spot you are heading.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online