blue large dot

Harvest Bot : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 3

Posted: February 14th, 2005, 3:13 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
bloodsmith, after you press F12, hit your A and W keys and youwill stop running.

tazman076, I've though about that too. I have a couple of ideas. The first that will get implemented is a Round Robin appraoch. Ie, look for the first resource, then get the 2nd, etc.

Of course this will be optional. For those that are looking for specific things to harvest and will take left overs, but prefer the main resource.

Later, I'll add a FindNearestResource to the code itself and then FindNextNearestResoruce, etc.

Posted: February 14th, 2005, 5:11 pm

tazman076

Total Posts: 169
tazman076's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
wyv i'm also noticing right now while i'm playing with it, that if i stop the script and try to start it again. it says eq generates errors and crashes it. i just got it to do it twice under same circumstances. so i'll try to figure out whats doing it. but thought i'd give a quick heads up.

it also doesn't seem to like having any of the inventory bags or boxes open while your running it, it shuts them for some reason

-krevk

Posted: February 14th, 2005, 5:55 pm

wyvernx

administrator
premium
If you stop it, change scripts, then change back.

Its a bug in the script host.

It shuts down things by pressing ESCAPE. To try and target the resource again.

Posted: February 14th, 2005, 6:01 pm

tazman076

Active User > 50 Posts
actually i think it was specifically happening if i tried to hit stop then start again while it was in middle of the stop 30. seems to be working decently now. does like to get hung up on objects though... oh well its a work in progress.. but like i said before it kicks !@#$%^&* for a start

Posted: February 14th, 2005, 6:03 pm

bloodsmith
bloodsmith's Reps:
The A and W hitting after stoping the script TY =)

Posted: February 14th, 2005, 6:33 pm

tazman076

Active User > 50 Posts
Wyv.... i was thinking about something.. what if it was set up so that the script was pre-programmed with the names of all the tiers resources... so that when it runs a check for the first opotion it would run through the list of ore from all ore in all zones... 2nd all the wood from each zone etc... the hot keys would stay the same.... could even create a little gui instead of just the script and people could check the boxes of the resource they wanted harvested.. go afk in the area you want click the wood, fish and roots and go watch a movie or what ever your doing

just a thought

Posted: February 15th, 2005, 3:48 am

dacat77
dacat77's Reps:
How about having it search for all Lvl 0 items. All nodes show up as level 0. Just a thought.

Posted: February 15th, 2005, 8:16 pm

relaxingatuf
relaxingatuf's Reps:
I am so stupid i have XU running and eq2service installed, but how do i get the scripts to run? I've edited em and tried running em but nothing. Start eq2 do the same nothing, hit play let it launch eq2 , nothing. Any hints? Im sorry im so stupid

edit: I can get it impoted into scripts, but i just stand there.

Posted: February 15th, 2005, 11:02 pm

wyvernx

administrator
premium
Not really sure where you are.

Can you see the XUScript Plugin from within the game?

Does it show the harvester script in the window?

Posted: February 16th, 2005, 7:02 am

loraik
loraik's Reps:
wyvernx";p="54921 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
All navigation is done via the script.

You will be able to set patrol points, or have it wander around a defined point.

How do I set these or are these future additions. I was in an area that popped "?" commonly and I set all 4 items to harvest to "?" but it would not harvest anything. Is that a bad idea and I should only set 1 to the "?".

Also I left the range to 200 but all it seems to want to do is run in a circle for abit then take off in some direction. Is there another location I need to edit to fix this? I didn't screw with anything below the line that says "Don't edit if you don't know what your doing".

Loraik

Posted: February 16th, 2005, 2:49 pm

wyvernx

administrator
premium
I'll have to check the ?. Not sure. It shouldnt matter if all 4 are set to the same thing.

The running around is because it is looking for soemthing to harvest. When it doesnt find anything, it goes back to a point "close" to your starting point.

Posted: February 16th, 2005, 4:01 pm

relaxingatuf
relaxingatuf's Reps:
Wyv, Yes. I access the script just like i access EQ2crafter, except through the scripts menu. Created its own folder all that jazz, put the vbs file in the folder with other scripts and then eq2harvest folder inside there as well as in every other folder just in case. In addition, the only modifications i made to the original script were

Increased wander up to 400, and then the max gathers to 160 from 60. I wasn't sure what this term was for, i figured how many times it would gather for you, and i have a lot of bags so i figured a lot. Perhaps this is my pause issue? Anyway, i'd LOVE to get harvesting but im stuck. Thanks for the help in advance.

Posted: February 16th, 2005, 4:09 pm

wyvernx

administrator
premium
relaxingatuf, does the script actually run?

I mean do you do anything in game?

Does a log file get created? (it should) What does it say?

Also, to interract with the script window, you have to have a EQ2 window behind it.

Posted: February 16th, 2005, 4:10 pm

wyvernx

administrator
premium
relaxingatuf, also check the xunleashed.log file for script errors (will be near the bottom)

Posted: February 16th, 2005, 9:06 pm

dacat77
dacat77's Reps:
Running into an issue:

Loaded up just fine. It identifies the resource and runs to it, but doesn't stop to harvest it. It moves to the next node. I place the approriate foresting, mining icons to the right number key. Didn't notice whether it was pressing the keys. But just runs to the node and than to the next.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online