taultunleashed logoMAX-COTE Miner: ColdWar Edition , Official Thread/Download : EVE Online Bots Hacks | EVE Bots Hacks - Page 11
newtopic  postreply
 [ 227 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next
blue large dot

MAX-COTE Miner: ColdWar Edition , Official Thread/Download : EVE Online Bots Hacks | EVE Bots Hacks - Page 11

Posted: November 21st, 2005, 10:43 am

basshorn
basshorn's Reps:
leave gmt=0 in ini file, dont change it, i had same problem and if u using other language change windows settings for united states english and english, cos macro sheduler differently understands . and , depanding on language defaults....

btw. anyboudy any solution for why i see nothing in overview after undocking??? (i used to mine with this macro in september with no problems, now its always same problem, overview:()

Posted: November 21st, 2005, 10:58 am

tigerlord
tigerlord's Reps:
make your your overview settings are set at default when launching...

right click on the white arrow before OVERVIEW and load default settings.

question: I thought this macro used the values in MAX_COTE.ini to work ? Why does it uses the values from DEFAULT.INI then ???

Posted: November 21st, 2005, 11:05 am

firelord1973
firelord1973's Reps:
it only uses the default.ini when it does its first time set-up. then after uses max_cote.ini. you should not have to change your default.ini file.

only your max_cote.ini

Firelord

Posted: November 21st, 2005, 11:08 am

tigerlord
tigerlord's Reps:
well the thing is when logging it uses the default login values which are UNLIKELY and gives me a login error...

Posted: November 21st, 2005, 12:21 pm

tigerlord
tigerlord's Reps:
Well I just tried a frest installation of both EVE and MAX COTE leaving all GMT alone and it worked :)

However I still came across the STATION ENVIRONEMENT problem ... when coming bacl to dock the 2nd time a popup window appeared stating a station envrionnement problem occur ?

Posted: November 22nd, 2005, 3:43 am

tigerlord
tigerlord's Reps:
it would be very nice if someone could tell me why when I dock after a mining run it says WE WERE UNABLE TO DETERMINE YOUR STATION ENVIRONEMENT.

Any tip? Else this macro is of no use to me :(

Posted: November 22nd, 2005, 2:42 pm

tigerlord
tigerlord's Reps:
yet again another problem...

won't skip intro nor log on its own anymore (won't click character)

Posted: November 22nd, 2005, 2:54 pm

basshorn
basshorn's Reps:
set cpu 2 or 3 if needed, seems 1 is to fast for your pc.

Posted: November 22nd, 2005, 7:52 pm

gp1001

Total Posts: 15
gp1001's Reps: 0
The script works great up to where it logs in makes all the adjustments, then your character enters space after warping the tutorial window is in the lower right hand corner. The mouse doesnt move after that. It just sets there for a bout a minute or so then the mouse moves to the upper right hand corner and closes the window.

Posted: November 22nd, 2005, 10:02 pm

tault_buckw1
tault_buckw1's Reps:
tigerlord (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
it would be very nice if someone could tell me why when I dock after a mining run it says WE WERE UNABLE TO DETERMINE YOUR STATION ENVIRONEMENT.

Any tip? Else this macro is of no use to me :(

This is not a MAXCOTE error message, it is a game message. Suggest complete flush of all Eve cache files and logs. That would be all files in the Eve/cache
Eve/capture
and Eve/logs folders.

Running Eve and Max_Cote same time fails when I have my 3.0g intel overclocked. I had to bump front side bus down to 210 from 225.

I have my main eve folder renamed to Eve2 and a shortcut to it. I play eve with this copy. 2nd copy is the original default install. This is my MaxCote miner copy. I make sure ship is docked and PnP station and bookmarks are done. No drones. I cleared all cache items and ran Max_Cote from start after deleting the Max_cote.ini file so a new one would be generated. Clear cache setting is YES and speed is 2 for 1st setup run. If your system is compatible then setup will complete and you will actually do a mining cycle. Allow ship to dock, unload and exit station and then hit shift escape to end macro. Suggest making a hot key to start macro, Shift escape to end macro will not work without a hot key.
Macro is now stopped and your ready to start a new mining cycle. Edit the max_cote.ini file and change clear cache to NO and if if everything looked ok bump computer speed to 1. Save file, close all windows except eve and hit your hot key to restart macro. Should be good for hours and hours of mining now.

Character name issues on logon is always a mispelled name or severe lag issue. Don't assume because you have a 20ms ping to the eve server that you don't have lag. The GAME can lag and if log-on takes too long script will fail and you will get "unlikely" for a name.

Did I miss anything?

Posted: November 23rd, 2005, 6:12 am

tigerlord
tigerlord's Reps:
Thanks for your helpful reply ! Here's what I did for those who are wondering...

1) Restored BIOS setting to default (no OC)
2) Uninstalled main EVE and COMPLETELY erased dirs
3) uninstalled macro scheduler and deleted all dirs
4) reinstalled EVE and launched it ONCE (else it didn't work)
5) reinstalled macro scheduler
6) installed max_cote and assigned hot key
7) left GMT ALONE , CPU=2 and other settings like I wanted
8) launched the macro via hotkey

It worked on the first shot. The only little problem seems the waypoint selection. Althought my INI is set so that the first system is slot 2, station slot is 12 and there are 10 systems, it will never start at the first system ... I don't know how to fix this.

Aside from this little issue, everything runs fine again !

Thank you :)

Posted: November 23rd, 2005, 10:13 am

tault_buckw1
tault_buckw1's Reps:
Any extra folders in PnP? I personally edit name of station BM to include a space in beginning of name. This forces station to 1st item in PnP and safes me the trouble of figuring out what slot station actually is. Note that the slot number is folders plus BM's for station. Default install makes the 1st available slot number 3 I think. Number of asteroid fields though is just that, actual number of fields. So, my suggestions: Rename station BM so that it has a space in front, ie: " station name" vs "station name" edit ini so station location is 2 unless you have addition folders. Try that.

Posted: November 23rd, 2005, 11:02 am

firelord1973
firelord1973's Reps:
On another note guys.

We have RMR coming up soon, I am guessing that this is going to stop max-cote from working in the same way the coldwar patch did.

What do you think Buck ?

On another another note,

anyone thought of trying ice mining with this ?

Firelord

Posted: November 23rd, 2005, 11:17 am

tigerlord
tigerlord's Reps:
I'll try this buck !

On another note, is this macro capable of mining in a jetcan and manually picking up an indy at a station and haul the ore ? I know there is already a hault code but I only have 1 computer at home :)

CCP are patching things up again? Sweet :(

Posted: November 23rd, 2005, 5:08 pm

tault_buckw1
tault_buckw1's Reps:
Tigerlord, your answer at end...

Firelord,

I have tried most of the new stuff on the test server already. Only major change is the warp to points, they have added warp to 0 meters. If this results in the removal of traditionl BM's then we will certainly have a problem since warping to the asteroid fields depends on this. Everything else is just corp related, content, modules and a few new ships, no change in game mechanics that I have seen or read.

Apparently someone already has modded this macro for ice mining use judging from the !@#$%^&* I see on Eve-O forums :) Problems you would encounter is you cannot warp out during a mining cycle, to do so would cause all ice you currently mined to vanish. Mining cycle is around 10 minutes and your cargo is then full. You get 2 units of ice for medium and 3 for large barge. Indy 5 with max 28% expanders holds 24 units of ice if giant containers are used. It takes about 1 hr to do that. To make ice mining worthwhile a jetcan and hauler is mandatory. Hauler never stops. Max skills in related areas is assumed, time increases significantly with lower skills.
Most of these problems you have already addressed in your revision of the macro. If jet can code was solid we would be set for ice mining. Just add that question to the setup routine and then select only ice in overview. Drone module would be very helpful for rat defense.

Tiger,
Are you asking if Max_Cote can dock and swap out to the hauler? No. Can the macro be set to just mine to a can with NO hauler? Yes, you could then end macro, dock, swap to hauler and go grab cans without macro running.
I'm going to share a good mining secret now :) Get 20 or so giant secure cans, find a excellent system and make a REAL good hard to find but CENTRAL safe spot. Bring all those cans to that SS and anchor them in a circle. Name them sequentially so you know what can is curently being filled. Now set miner macro to warp to cans and unload rather than station. Have hauler macro run to cans and retrieve/dock. Hauler code can modded to make multible jumps. Very safe routine. You can NEVER lose ALL your ore, you might lose a hauler, you might lose a mining ship, but that safe spot with all your loot is secure! I am in process of taking my spot down till RMR is released and I know for sure if BM's will still exist.
2 long posts in a day, damn I'm all tired now :)

Y'all have a nice holiday!

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online