taultunleashed logoHarvest Bot 5 (Exhume) : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 2
newtopic  postreply
 [ 144 posts ]  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
blue large dot

Harvest Bot 5 (Exhume) : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 2

Posted: November 20th, 2007, 2:43 pm

casperdfw
casperdfw's Reps:
I have been running this off and on for a little over a week.

One thing I have noticed is: if there is a mob near the node, it seems to tab though and target the mob and not the node. It just marks it bad and moves on.. not a huge issue. Just FYI and Feedback.

A more pressing issue is: It randomly shuts down (crashes). When it does. the log for Harvest Bot just has the last thing I harvested on the last line, and the log file for Exhume has nothing more than its starting message.

I have tried to watch it and see what is going on, but I haven't observed any similarities. When it shuts down my toon just runs off in a straight line. I have been testing it in Antonica, and am running it on XP, with AMD proc.

I thought maybe it thought it was getting stuck, but I set Quit on Stuck to False, and it is still happening.

I know that isn't alot to go on, I will see if I can get some more information to help. Just wanted to give some feedback... never know what might help.

Posted: November 20th, 2007, 5:45 pm

lordbeowulf
lordbeowulf's Reps:
casperdfw (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I have been running this off and on for a little over a week.

A more pressing issue is: It randomly shuts down (crashes). When it does. the log for Harvest Bot just has the last thing I harvested on the last line, and the log file for Exhume has nothing more than its starting message.

I have tried to watch it and see what is going on, but I haven't observed any similarities. When it shuts down my toon just runs off in a straight line. I have been testing it in Antonica, and am running it on XP, with AMD proc.

I thought maybe it thought it was getting stuck, but I set Quit on Stuck to False, and it is still happening.

I know that isn't alot to go on, I will see if I can get some more information to help. Just wanted to give some feedback... never know what might help.

Just thought I'd drop a note ... my suspicion is that this is an EQ2Extreme (or Exhume) related issue, and not the Harvestbot script ... can you ascertain from the error message? I say that because I am running eXbot on EQ2Extreme and have been getting intermittent crashes from what appear to be EQ2Extreme (posted query to Gheezer's thread here: http://www.taultunleashed.com/phpbb2/post-308543.html#308543 ).

Hopefully we can get to the bottom of it ... it sure is getting frustrating!

Regards,

-Beo

Posted: November 21st, 2007, 11:15 am

casperdfw
casperdfw's Reps:
lordbeowulf (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Just thought I'd drop a note ... my suspicion is that this is an EQ2Extreme (or Exhume) related issue, and not the Harvestbot script ... can you ascertain from the error message? I say that because I am running eXbot on EQ2Extreme and have been getting intermittent crashes from what appear to be EQ2Extreme (posted query to Gheezer's thread here: http://www.taultunleashed.com/phpbb2/post-308543.html#308543 ).

Regards,

-Beo

Hum.. that is interesting... I dont know if this will help shed any light on the matter but... I have been running exbot for many hours at a time.. and it has never crashed... I run it almost everyday... very strange... I also use ExtremeRadar and have never had it crash....

Posted: November 21st, 2007, 4:01 pm

newbsnacks
newbsnacks's Reps:
casperdfw (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
newbsnacks (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Maybe I am confused with the steps. Is this right:

1. Load EQ2.
2. Load EQ2extreme.
3. Load the harvester.exe file.
4. Getting errors and shutting down at this point. My .ini works in harvestbot 4.03.

All you have to do is:

1 Load EQ2
2 Then run harvestbot_v501.exe

It will ask you to log in and then it will open EQ2extreme and ask you to log in again. That is.. you have to log in twice

Ok I tried the order you said, but I am still getting:

(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
"XUnleased Validation Failed!"

The bot shuts right down, and also says (in log file):

(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
[11/21/2007 6:59:31 PM] *****
[11/21/2007 6:59:31 PM] ************** Start LOG: HarvestBot_v501.log **************
[11/21/2007 6:59:40 PM] Attempting find the EQ2 window...
[11/21/2007 6:59:43 PM] INI File found: HarvestBot_v501.ini
[11/21/2007 6:59:43 PM] *****
[11/21/2007 6:59:44 PM] *****
[11/21/2007 6:59:44 PM] EQ2 LogFile not found :c:\program files\sony\everquest ii\logs\\eq2log_.txt: Exiting script!
[11/21/2007 6:59:44 PM] Pet not in use

I know my user/pass is good b/c I am posting on here! lol

Posted: November 21st, 2007, 6:07 pm

casperdfw
casperdfw's Reps:
I have had this happen a few times... I just assumed I put in the password wrong the second time... but I try again and it works. And My log file says the same thing when this happens.

When you run Harvest Bot, it is asking you to log in twice, right?

Posted: November 22nd, 2007, 10:00 am

staz27

Total Posts: 88
staz27's Reps: 2
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
lordbeowulf (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):

Regards,

-Beo

Hum.. that is interesting... I dont know if this will help shed any light on the matter but... I have been running exbot for many hours at a time.. and it has never crashed... I run it almost everyday... very strange... I also use ExtremeRadar and have never had it crash....

Casper,

Please know that ExBot and the radar bots are both different from the harvest bot. Both of those modules are *native* modules that use EQ2Extreme to interface with EQ. I would be willing to bet they make minimal use of Exhume - possibly not using Exhume to communicate with EQ at all.

In the case of HarvestBot 5, I'm running *inside* the EQ2Extreme *AND* Exhume environments. This also means that I'm subject to both of these programs AND Microsofts Scripting Host.

Please know that I'm not defending the crashes - nor am I justifying my bad code. Unfortunately, the HarvestBot is a different animal from the other bots that are available.

I too have noticed that I can run my bot, at times for upwards of an hour. But I too get booted at times after as little as 5 minutes. Being I'm on Vista, my suspicion is Microsoft Scripting is not totally Vista compatible. But, this is only a suspicion.

Staz

Posted: November 22nd, 2007, 10:04 am

staz27

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
I have had this happen a few times... I just assumed I put in the password wrong the second time... but I try again and it works. And My log file says the same thing when this happens.

When you run Harvest Bot, it is asking you to log in twice, right?

I've seen this... Especially after the bot quits. What I think is happening, atleast for me, is... The EQ2Extreme and Exhume libraries request Windows to unload them. Vista leaves them in memory in an invalid state. I invoke the bot again - and the libraries are reloaded from memory - but are invalid - thus the login error.

The second thing I've noticed with Exhume (I think it's Exhume, it may be EQ2Extreme...) is that after 15 minutes, my Exhume log tells me that I have to log in again. I've gotten from 1 to 4 of these before the bot quits.

I am unsure what's going on - as I don't have access to the internals of either Exhume or EQ2Extreme.

Staz

Posted: November 22nd, 2007, 8:58 pm

casperdfw
casperdfw's Reps:
Staz:

I hope you didn't find my comments negative... I only wanted to provide any feedback I could to try and help. It is a wonderful script, and I understand it is challenging to get all the parts working in harmony. Thank you very much for your efforts.

FYI~ I am running it on XP... so it might not be isolated to a Vista issue.

Thanks again, and I will keep trying to find something that might be of some use.

Posted: November 24th, 2007, 9:02 pm

chrionix
chrionix's Reps:
Not sure whether to post this in the confirmed thread, or this one, so thought I'd ask here as well.

I'm getting the following error:

in Object required: 'oSvcObj', 12347496 line, position 12

I've copied the files to my EQ2Extreme directory, it seems to load, I login twice, then that error pops up. Along with a whole bunch of login screens. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much

Posted: November 25th, 2007, 1:23 pm

radman69

Total Posts: 68
radman69's Reps: 0
Million Dollar Member
premium
this may be a stupid question but why isnt the script posted on this site?

i created a gforge account but it says "permission denied" when i try to go to that link

is that a different "pay site"?

Posted: November 25th, 2007, 1:54 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
No. You just have to create a free account there real fast. Its owned by us just its not linked up to our user database.

Posted: November 25th, 2007, 6:02 pm

radman69

Total Posts: 68
radman69's Reps: 0
Million Dollar Member
premium
kool..any reason why the account i created says im denied access?

is there some sort of approval needed to access it...do we need to use the same email address as for this site or just the same name or both

Posted: November 26th, 2007, 4:20 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
That project is locked so no one can download it. The owner has not provided sources to his project so we cant verify if its clean or not, provide legal security to members, and make sure we can update it if he stops playing. Until we have sources we can not allow users to download it.

Posted: November 26th, 2007, 4:35 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
Also for more info on gforge please click here

http://www.taultunleashed.com/phpbb2/ab ... more_.html

Posted: December 3rd, 2007, 6:23 pm

staz27

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
My apologies to everyone attempting to access HarvestBot 5...

Admin asked me back in October to post the source to gforge. Unfortunately, I am not very good with the version control system gforge uses. So I posted a zip file of the source. It appears admin and I miscommunicated - admin didn't see the source in the version control and locked both the gforge and the threads.

Admin and I have clarified the mixup. You should be able to download from gforge or from here once again.

Staz27

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online