blue large dot

Harvest Bot : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 12

Posted: March 21st, 2005, 7:12 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
I'm updating the EQ2Service for all the latest info. A few of the mem locs have changed.

Posted: March 22nd, 2005, 10:21 am

sinshar

Total Posts: 199
sinshar's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
WOOOT Welcome back WYV!!!
I been dying to write scripts =)

Posted: March 22nd, 2005, 1:08 pm

lyric76
lyric76's Reps:
Do you just copy and paste the telephone ring script onto the end of the harvest script to have that run as well?

Posted: March 22nd, 2005, 7:50 pm

elwood
elwood's Reps:
Anyone having problems with the bot getting to a node, hitting the corresponding button 3 times rapidly and right before finishing the first harvest it will move up then back a little and hit the button 3 more times.
Sometimes it will only harvest once out of a node and then go to another.

Are these problems related to the memory location changes to the EQ2Service?

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything and it does the same. Even tried a diff computer with the same outcome.

Someone help me out here, please. :>

*EDIT* Logs attached.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: March 23rd, 2005, 9:31 am

thadious
thadious's Reps:
I realize that this post may be similar to others but I would like to know if a few changes are possible or if I am not doing something right.

1) I would like to know if there is any way to capture my "orgin" when i begin harvesting so the bot could return there as opposed to a random location near the orgin. It runs straight into a wall 99% of the time and gets hung.

2) I know it has been requested before but to make it possible to get off a stuck object such as trees or a building.

I am a programmer by hobby only so I am willing to dive into the code but havent yet. Just wanted to see if anyone could save me some time. thanks! BTW killer script, im loving it.

Posted: March 23rd, 2005, 12:11 pm

octaveus
octaveus's Reps:
As far as making your harvest bot return to a fixed point rather than a random spot (so it doesnt choose a random spot in a wall/or tree) change you code as follows:

Original:
(!empty($user->lang['CODE'])) ? $user->lang['CODE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'CODE'))):
sub HandleNoResourcesNearby
      writeLogLine("No Resources in this area.  Taking a nap!")
      for s = 1 to 30
         XUScriptPlugin.staStatus.Text = "No Resources nearby.  Sleeping " & 30 - s
         sleep 1000 'Sleep for 30 seconds.         
      next
      XUScriptPlugin.staStatus.Text = "Going to random spot near origin"
      NavigateXY oServiceObject, IX - WanderDistance + Random(0,WanderDistance * 2), IY - WanderDistance + Random(0,WanderDistance * 2)
end sub

Modified code:
(!empty($user->lang['CODE'])) ? $user->lang['CODE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'CODE'))):
sub HandleNoResourcesNearby
      writeLogLine("No Resources in this area.  Taking a nap!")
      for s = 1 to 30
         XUScriptPlugin.staStatus.Text = "No Resources nearby.  Sleeping " & 30 - s
         sleep 1000 'Sleep for 30 seconds.         
      next
      XUScriptPlugin.staStatus.Text = "Going to set origin"
      NavigateXY oServiceObject, IX, IY
end sub

Let me know if this helps anyone. What I personally did with my script is just make the random location not go out as far, and choose a large open field area to harvest.. this seems to get me the best results.

Posted: March 23rd, 2005, 1:13 pm

tazman076

Total Posts: 169
tazman076's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
Sben's script modification is running great as far as navigating around obstacles for the most part. However i am still having some trouble with the script getting stuck on unharvestable nodes. It won't tag it as unable to harvest. It just sits on that node and continues over and over to harvest even though its to far away. has anyone come up with a mod to the script to help this?

thanks
tazman

Posted: March 23rd, 2005, 1:26 pm

elwood
elwood's Reps:
From the recent posts it seems that there is nothing wrong with EQ2Service or the harvest bot which tells me that there is something wrong on my end that is causing mine to freak out like it is...

Well, awesome, thanks for the help.. :roll:

Posted: March 23rd, 2005, 5:01 pm

thadious
thadious's Reps:
Sben's coding is working great for me only flaw i have found so far is it fails to address the "stuck in tree nodes" it will run up and try to harvest the same broken node over and over.

Also would like to see the distance feature incorporated. i hate having the bot run past obvious nodes to get one much further away. I guess ill see if i can piece the 2 posted on these forums together. Hope i dont screw it up :)

Posted: March 24th, 2005, 8:14 pm

octaveus
octaveus's Reps:
A few features I am trying to work into the script now is an alert sound for rares, and a running count of the rares, it will say. Havesting...only 9000 left! Rares: 3

Posted: March 25th, 2005, 5:03 am

tazman076

Active User > 50 Posts
I'm going to sit down today if i have some time and look at the protocals for handling bad nodes.. see if i can figure something out.. thats the only thing i find to not be functioning properly out of the modified script i've been running that sben put out. Seems to work sometimes, but i havn't been able to determine if thats just because a node of higher priority pops up within harvesting distance.

Posted: March 25th, 2005, 1:34 pm

blueknight

Total Posts: 136
blueknight's Reps: 2
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
That is what I have been seeing Taz. If I am on an unharvestable node it will only get off of it if there is a higher priority one that pops up close by. And then once I harvest it, it is right back to the unharvestable node.

I think what it will take is for the script to recognize the harvesting error messages like too far away, etc. Although I have seen the bot stop a bit away from a node and try to harvest so it is not altogether correct in it's positioning routine.

Posted: March 25th, 2005, 3:09 pm

tazman076

Active User > 50 Posts
yea i've seen the same behavior.. i havn't had time to read the script as is to see how its config to handle the problem.. i've been thinking of some ideas that could handle it.. but first need to read the script as is..i'll try look at it tonight... but busy with getting house ready for family for easter

Posted: March 25th, 2005, 7:54 pm

thadious
thadious's Reps:
I put a simple check in that sees if the current target is still the closest spawn, if it is after 3 attempts, it logs it as bad and moves on. works pretty well for me. Also added a tab feature to make sure the right node/mob is targeted.

I am trying to figure out a way to set up a couple of different spots it can run to to ck nodes. like it cks area 1, clears everything, moves to 2, then 3, then back to 1. i dont like the random features...

Keep in mind, all my mobs were to better fit my needs and done by a hobbiest :)

'Heart of the Script.
Do while HarvestCounter < MaxHarvests
  FindResource
  if (SpawnID > 0) then
      Sleep 2000
      GotoResource 
      writeLogLine("Targeting Resource")       
      SendKeys("{TAB}") 'To Target the Resource
      TargetID = getTargetID(oServiceObject)       
      if (TargetID > 0) then
         MobName = getMobName(oServiceObject, TargetID)
         writeLogLine("Targeted Resource:  " & MobName)
      end if

ResourceName = ClosestResources(0)(1)   '*************  MODIFIED                   iCounter = 0
      do while (TargetID <> ClosestSpawnID) and (iCounter < Random(8,12))
         iCounter = iCounter + 1
         XUScriptPlugin.staStatus.Text = "TargetID:" & TargetID & " <> " & "SpawnID:" & ClosestSpawnID

SendKeys("{TAB}")       
         Sleep 5     
         TargetID = getTargetId(oServiceObject)   
         if (TargetID > 0) then       
            MobName = getMobName(oServiceObject, TargetIndex)
            XUScriptPlugin.staStatus.Text = "Targeted Resource:  " & MobName
            writeLogLine("Targeted Resource:  " & MobName)
         end if
           ResourceName = ClosestResources(0)(1)   '*************  MODIFIED
          sleep Random(500,1500) 'Wait a random delay of .5 to 1.5 seconds
      loop
      tCounter = 0        'My Changes----------------------------------
      if (TargetID <> ClosestSpawnID) and (tCounter < 8) then       'My Changes----------------------------------
      SendKeys("{TAB}")       'My Changes----------------------------------
      tCounter = tCounter + 1       'My Changes----------------------------------
      end if      'My Changes----------------------------------
      if (TargetID <> ClosestSpawnID) then
      HandleBadResource
      writeLogLine("ARG!!! Could not target the resource!!!")
      end if

if (TargetID = ClosestSpawnID) then HarvestResource
  end if
      if (TargetID = ClosestSpawnID) then     'My Changes----------------------------------
      HandleBadResource                       'My Changes----------------------------------
      writeLogLine("ARG!!! Could not target the resource!!!")        'My Changes----------------------------------
      end if       'My Changes----------------------------------
  sleep 200
loop

Posted: March 25th, 2005, 11:16 pm

merald
merald's Reps:
Im having one little problem.. especially in FE where are a lot of trees.

For example, if you come to node, and you are in range with it, and node it legit (normal and can be harvested), but.... between you and node - there is tree, and you cant target it by TAB (node isnt in LOS, tree is blocking view line). And after some time sript marks this node as "broken".

Any idea how to fix it? Maybe if script cant target node - try to move a little forward, to pass node and then turn 180 degrees and try to target it?

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online