taultunleashed logoHarvest Bot : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 14
newtopic  postreply
 [ 244 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
blue large dot

Harvest Bot : EverQuest 2 Premium Discussions - Page 14

Posted: March 29th, 2005, 4:53 pm

elwood
elwood's Reps:
I am using SBens modification. I will try the tweaks suggested and post results later on. Thanks guys.

Posted: March 29th, 2005, 7:57 pm

tazman076

Total Posts: 169
tazman076's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
masa you must learn to speak english... get a new keyboard... and tell your gov't to stop supporting communist china just because they don't like the US as the only super power in the world... ;) but other than that i have no clue how to help you because i'm not even sure whats messing up for you.

Posted: March 29th, 2005, 11:18 pm

tazman076

Active User > 50 Posts
hey thad does your script include the logic sben wrote in for handling getting around obstacles?

Posted: March 30th, 2005, 1:35 am

masamour
masamour's Reps:
tazman076";p="60082 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
masa you must learn to speak english... get a new keyboard... and tell your gov't to stop supporting communist china just because they don't like the US as the only super power in the world... ;) but other than that i have no clue how to help you because i'm not even sure whats messing up for you.

the conflict between country is not my problem :p i'm a gamer :p that's all :p

-plz help me for my last question T_T

Posted: March 30th, 2005, 8:28 am

octaveus
octaveus's Reps:
I dont know if this a problem with the script or not.. but before when I ran the harvest bot it would occasionally run out to a node that wasnt actually there, write it off as bad, and continue on.. now it is doing it all the time. 3/4 of the nodes "arent there" or are below ground or something. This is severly limiting the bot. Any suggestions?

Posted: March 30th, 2005, 3:50 pm

tazman076

Active User > 50 Posts
-masam

does the game name all the nodes and mobs in french for you? or are they with english names?

i'm trying to figure out exactly what problems you might be experiencing but without knowing how the game returns information to your system its kinda hard.

as for the movement keys you should be able to click on the eq button on your screen go to options look around in there for the menu that has the movement keys and see what keys are assigned on your configuration for forward back left right etc.. answer those 2 questions and i might have some suggestions for you

Posted: March 30th, 2005, 3:54 pm

tazman076

Active User > 50 Posts
Thad

I noticed this morning before leaving for work that when i tried to take out a node i had listed when i started the script.. it continued to search and harvest it anyway...

Usually i keep a text editor open with the script. And i can stop the script ingame edit and save the script in the editor and restart the script ingame and it takes the changes... for some reason it wasn't doing it this time. Are you by chance somehow loading the search paramaters into memory to make finding nodes faster? Or would you have any idea why it won't take the script changes on the fly?

Posted: March 30th, 2005, 8:50 pm

masamour
masamour's Reps:
tazman076";p="60144 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
-masam

does the game name all the nodes and mobs in french for you? or are they with english names?

i'm trying to figure out exactly what problems you might be experiencing but without knowing how the game returns information to your system its kinda hard.

as for the movement keys you should be able to click on the eq button on your screen go to options look around in there for the menu that has the movement keys and see what keys are assigned on your configuration for forward back left right etc.. answer those 2 questions and i might have some suggestions for you

one part of names are in english and other in french, when they are in french, i enter the french name in the script and it's ok, but if the name had an " é " or "è " it's doesn't work, i've tried to put the english name.. but no result :///

Posted: March 31st, 2005, 10:42 pm

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
One way is to make a test script that will dump out your current target name to the log.

Actually, I think I added code so that it logs the current target to the eq2.log in the xu folder.

Posted: April 3rd, 2005, 11:28 am

stevenrlnd
stevenrlnd's Reps:
How do you set patrol points? I looked around in the files included and I couldn't find it.

Posted: April 4th, 2005, 7:37 pm

merald
merald's Reps:
thadious";p="60052 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I will post my script but attach some warning labels :) I have really chopped it up and added some different things:

1) It always runs back to a specific spot (which you can change by putting the x,y loc in the sx, sy variables) I did this because most of the time I know where the nodes will repop and by the time the harvesting is done from wandering, it will run back and basically start over.

2) Once it returns "home" it clears the badspawn array. I did this because often times, even with the new targeting and such it will miss a node and add it to the badspawns. If you are harvesting for hrs on end, you could miss lots of good nodes b/c of this.

3) Tabs 8 times to make sure proper target is selected.

The script is far from perfect, but I am still workin on it. If any of you pros dive into it I am sure there is lots to fix but I am a hobbiest :)
If there is "bad" node, and you getting message "too far away" (like its in tree or under ground), script keep trying to harvest from it again and again, not writing it to bad nodes list.
Also, when max number of harvest reached, it doesnt camp, it keep harvesting and writing "only -10 left!".

Posted: April 5th, 2005, 8:23 am

thadious
thadious's Reps:
Taz- Not sure why that is happening. I do the exact same thing, leave the editor open in the background so i can change the "sx, xy" locs if i need to move for some reason. It shouldnt load into memory. And it does have Sbens nav mods in it.

Forgot who other was - The script will mark it as a bad node after 3 tries and the mssg "Too far away." My script is far from perfect but it does closer to what I want than any other one I found. The reason it goes -10 etc is b/c I didnt want it to ever camp. It does mark good nodes as bad sometimes b/c it isnt perfect so I wanted it to have the opportunity to go back and find the good nodes marked bad. Otherwise 8hrs of harvesting might yeild 100 good nodes marked bad and the script wouldnt wander as i have no random return built in.

Like i said before, im a hobbiest and I like the way mine functions for me, just thought i would throw it up in case anyone else thought like me. I really only harvest in Feerrott so its kinda custom tailored to that zone.

Posted: April 5th, 2005, 8:27 am

thadious
thadious's Reps:
Anyone ever work on the idea of seeing if another PC is within x distance and then to move on?

I would REALLY like that feature b/c I have made a few people mad while running the script. :/ Not a huge deal but it helps. My toons are far from harvest bots so I dont have a lot to worry about but it never hurts to be curtious.

I can write the VB side of it im sure i just really never dove into seeing how to ck the target IDs and such, so I dont know how possible/impossible this.

Posted: April 6th, 2005, 7:07 am

ndiienea
ndiienea's Reps:
how do you add it to the xleashed program this is my frist time trying this thing and i dont under stand it one bit it would be nice to have some good dirction for the new peeps at this

Posted: April 6th, 2005, 2:13 pm

simucal
simucal's Reps:
Considering someone wrote a Step-by-step tutorial on how to get the harvest script working... lol. Read around a bit :P

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online