Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
lotroextreme uses offsets

Posted: May 6th, 2007, 12:39 pm

dbgkitty
dbgkitty's Reps:
Yes well, I understand that it uses offsets to read from memory, but does it write to memory to perform certain actions? Or does it use keypresses (for attacking or using special abilities for example)?

Basically - Could I minimize the main game window when the bot is running or could I chat in another window without having the game window in focus?

Posted: May 6th, 2007, 3:00 pm

antareus

Total Posts: 297
antareus's Reps: 11
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
dbgkitty (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Yes well, I understand that it uses offsets to read from memory, but does it write to memory to perform certain actions? Or does it use keypresses (for attacking or using special abilities for example)?

Basically - Could I minimize the main game window when the bot is running or could I chat in another window without having the game window in focus?

depends on the coder, but for safety reasons most coders only use extreme to read the memory, not edit it.

Posted: May 6th, 2007, 3:51 pm

dbgkitty
dbgkitty's Reps:
Aaaah, now I get it, that's why what "Tault_admin" and the FAQ seemed to contradict each other.

Posted: May 6th, 2007, 11:09 pm

yoshua777
yoshua777's Reps:
dbgkitty (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
You could run VMWare :) You will probably have to lower the settings in lotro quite a lot, but you can at least test it.

:lol:

The idea is commendable but VMware Server (Free) certainly does not support D3D and apps using DX9c.

For VMware Workstation (NOT free), DX8 apps are experimentally supported.

Never thought VMware would end up being mentioned on a LOTRO bots forum.

Yes, you noticed I did not mention the flagship VMware product?...
Just waiting for someone to do it so I can have a good laugh!

Y777
(VI3 VCP)

Posted: May 7th, 2007, 1:23 am

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
I made it so that it only uses passive memory reads. This is by far the safest way to program/bot a game. Since you are not changing anything in memory, they have nothing to detect in their own memoryspace.

Last edited by wyvernx on May 7th, 2007, 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: May 7th, 2007, 4:27 am

dbgkitty
dbgkitty's Reps:
Well... I have never tried to run a game inside VMWare (apart from Minesweeper) so it was just a suggestion I threw out. :)

Posted: May 8th, 2007, 5:10 pm

jdillard
jdillard's Reps:
What's the chances of an update real soon. Everything seems to be working fine for me on vista Premium. Just was wondering when the target MaxHealth and Mob MaxHealth might be added. Also is there a way to for you to add a getTargetMaxHealth(ID) ID Being the Spawn ID for the target. If so, how hard would it be to do that for TargetHealth.

Also, did you find out anything about isTargetAttaking(). Thanks! Keep up the great work.

Posted: May 8th, 2007, 9:56 pm

wyvernx

administrator
premium
I should have an update out soon. I have alot of things fixed since 0.91 was added.

As a side note, you can call LOTR.MobArray.GetMobFromID(ID).HP

Actually, I cant remember if I added that since I did 0.91. Like I said, I've made alot of changes that I need to get out.

Posted: May 9th, 2007, 11:13 am

jdillard
jdillard's Reps:
Awesome. Thanks!

Posted: May 9th, 2007, 11:19 am

redmap
redmap's Reps:
Did the patch to LoTRO today break LOTROEX? When I start it, it just says it loaded the files. Scripts won't start. I have .NET 2.0, the script debugger from MS, and I've closed ATI Tray Tools.

Posted: May 10th, 2007, 4:21 am

x000013

Total Posts: 103
x000013's Reps: 0
Tault Volunteer Staff
redmap (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Did the patch to LoTRO today break LOTROEX? When I start it, it just says it loaded the files. Scripts won't start. I have .NET 2.0, the script debugger from MS, and I've closed ATI Tray Tools.

Have you clicked on start script in the lotroe window?

Posted: May 11th, 2007, 4:13 am

nearlight
nearlight's Reps:
ok finally got it to work
but how do i get the bot to work that will hunt for me and loot the mob for me too

the radar is nice but when i run it gives me massive lag

Posted: May 11th, 2007, 5:06 am

tault_razorwing

Total Posts: 196
tault_razorwing's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
it did for the vanguard version, its something to do with the drawing of the radar on the screen, i dont think it can be helped, the only way to reduce the lag is to change the update or refresh timer of the radar thus giving you some relief from lag every now and then.

Also reducing your GFX settings will help as well and will increase frame rate, also make sure that LOTRO game is your primary window.

Posted: May 11th, 2007, 7:07 am

wyvernx

administrator
premium
I am adding some caching of memory variables so that things like player name, mob names etc dont update every frame.. that will help some.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online