taultunleashed logoA Word About "Duping Exploits" -- Are You Waiting : World of Warcraft General Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 10 posts ] 
blue large dot

A Word About "Duping Exploits" -- Are You Waiting : World of Warcraft General Discussions

Posted: January 5th, 2005, 4:29 am

tault_xhybrid
tault_xhybrid's Reps:
------This Guide/Discussion Was Written and Made By Me. XHybrid.------

Let me start off by saying, I was checking here a lot, before as I wanted to see more exploits contributed especially good working dupes... However, I soon came to an enlightened state about the status of Dupes and Duping in World of Warcraft. So listen up kiddies, this is valuable information.

Let me start off by saying, all of you waiting day after day for that one BIG exploit to make you mega-bucks... It's not going to happen. Furthermore, even if it did, you would be banned for doing so- I'll explain this further in just a minute... Through hunting honestly, and doing things effeciently, you CAN make gold legitely as fast as if you WERE infact duping. I have mounds of gold, how? Well I'll get to that just in a littlle bit.

Now lets get on more about why duping is a zero in terms of "megabucks". First of all, let me tell you about items in World of Warcraft. Each item has a number assigned to it as it's created. Billy says, "So what?", well the what of the matter is, when you dupe an item, the server has to assign the original item its own unique number, but when you try to dupe, both will have the same number easily flagging one of the two items as a dupe of the original. Blizzard will be on you fast then. Before you know what hits you. Billy says, "What about coin? That can't have a number! Ha, I beat the system!", Sorry billy no you don't beat the system, Blizzard has logs and have employee's watching, if you are gaining cold at a fast rate, Blizzard sends a GM to check up on you. And guess what, when they find you did dupe, bye bye Account. How do I know? Well, like I said earlier I have mounds of cash, and a GM contacted me about this as I was getting money really fast. He asked me some questions, and we straightened out the matter-- bottom line is, I was doing it legitely and the GM found that out. Left me alone after that.

Ok, now that we've got you over you're duping fantasies, here's a couple tricks to get money fast. I can only speak from a skinner's view, as I am a skinner/leatherworker, for other professions I am sorry.

1. Hunt Humanoids that can be skinned.. Why? They drop coin, they drop silk/mageweave/runecloth IN ADDITION to being able to be skinned, this is maximum money... How to find these mobs? Try thottbot. Get the correct humanoid mob that can be skinned for your level.

2. Max out Cooking as high as you can get it for your level and money you have. Why? Many items dropped by normal beasts(if no humanoid skinned mobs are available) are meat items... Livers, ribs, meat, etc. These can be cooked with Cooking and double or even TRIPLE the worth of them.

3. Clear out you're entire inventory before hunting - Find a good grind spot, and park a trade mule at the AH... This way you never have to leave your spot. You just send everything you want AH'd to your trademule whose logged right infront of the AH.

4. Find people who will buy items from you cheap, but at a stable rate, and will ALWAYS take your CoD's... Example : Someone I know buys my Thick Leathers for 60s per stack through CoD, they may go for 70s-1g at the AH. But effeciency above all, I can send my stacks to him whenever I want anytime and he buys them... Insta-Money. Insta-Space. No time wasted.

Alright, thats it for the guide/discussion, I hope people could pull some valuable information from this, as a moderator, I felt obligated to share my knowledge and experiences... Especially since I haven't been lately. Goodluck to those who take my words of wisdom. And to those looking to dupe, goodluck, you'll probably be banned in the end, then all that time was wasted eh? :wink:

Posted: January 5th, 2005, 6:51 am

tault_zosimus
tault_zosimus's Reps:
Well written. I am in a guild with a few Blizzard employees, including a GM, and they were talking earlier about how funny it was to watch people attempt to dupe in guildchat.

Posted: January 5th, 2005, 9:37 am

tault_demonneo
tault_demonneo's Reps:
nice im gonna try this i never even knew humanoids could be skinned.

Posted: January 5th, 2005, 10:43 am

carefoot

Total Posts: 541
carefoot's Reps: 890
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
demonneo (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
nice im gonna try this i never even knew humanoids could be skinned.

They can't in general however certain ones in specific like Were-people are both Humanoid and skinnable.

Use thottbot http://www.thottbot.com/?f=n to search for mobs in a certain area.

Posted: January 5th, 2005, 8:31 pm

tault_demonneo
tault_demonneo's Reps:
unfortunately i cant find anything on thottbot thats between 35 and 39 thats humanoid and skinnable.

Posted: January 5th, 2005, 8:36 pm

tault_demonneo
tault_demonneo's Reps:
hmmm maybe thottbot doesnt consider them humanoids in the search engine...

you have any advice on finding them?

Posted: February 1st, 2005, 11:52 pm

tault_rhiannon
tault_rhiannon's Reps:
Yeti are humanoid but are skinnable. try hillsbrad, arathi, and feralas.

Posted: February 2nd, 2005, 1:15 am

carefoot

Total Posts: 541
carefoot's Reps: 890
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Also Winterspring at 54+.

Posted: February 10th, 2005, 4:46 pm

tault_krogoth
tault_krogoth's Reps:
About the GM's contacting people who get lots of money really fast.... Do they have something that sets off flags when a certain amount of gold is created, or switches hands, or what? How much money did you have to make in what amount of time period for a GM to contact you? Was this money made over a few days from selling things to vendor/AH/trade channel or was a matter of a few minutes in which you sold a couple epics?

Posted: February 10th, 2005, 10:39 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
IM assuming GMS might get a flag if you get over 1000000 in an hour or something. Usually a set number something very high that no one couldnt usually get if you had a dupe and used a macro with it just make it so 100 gold every few hours would be duped or something along those lines and i bet your would be safe.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online