taultunleashed logoAnti-Aliased: From Captain America to the whirling dervish, : World of Warcraft General Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 1 post ] 
blue large dot

Anti-Aliased: From Captain America to the whirling dervish, : World of Warcraft General Discussions

Posted: April 14th, 2009, 6:53 pm

Gaming-News

Total Posts: 15977
Gaming-News's Reps: 75
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Image Anti-Aliased: From Captain America to the whirling dervish, dual-specs discussed
Filed under: World of Warcraft, Fantasy, Classes, Game mechanics, Patches, PvP, PvE, Opinion, Anti-Aliased

It's not too often that I actually get mail dropped in my box. My column is usually so loudmouthed that people just usually complain in the comment box instead of taking the time to send me a well worded e-mail. However, one of our intrepid readers, Patrick, actually sent along a question to my inbox, which I'll happily relate to you now.

"Do you have any thoughts on dual specs in WoW? I thought this was ugly towards the *World* of Warcraft - anyone could be anything at any time with no real choice / consequences for those choices. Blizzard is moving further and further away from an immersive game to being a game about 'gaming the system' behind the game. Additionally, it seems like Blizz spends more time on shifting mechanics (and keeping players occupied with adapting) than in making really interesting and rewarding (not loot, but the more ephemeral 'rewards') content for their players."

Actually Patrick, I've been milling over this for some time now. While the initial concepts of dual-specs were put in place to alleviate the gold crunch and hassle of re-specs, the system has evolved much further beyond its initial structure. Some of those things I wholeheartedly welcome, but others I'm wary of. So let's talk about dual-specs, and why the system is beginning to really, really break.

Continue reading Anti-Aliased: From Captain America to the whirling dervish, dual-specs discussed

ImageAnti-Aliased: From Captain America to the whirling dervish, dual-specs discussed originally appeared on Massively on Wed, 08 Apr 2009 16:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

Author: Colin Brennan
Category: anti-aliasedblizzarddual-specdual-talent-spece-mailfeaturedgame-designjoystiqfeaturesopinionworld-of-warcraftwow
Publish Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 16:30:00 EST
Read more...

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online