taultunleashed logoBreakfast Topic: What would you like to see in a WoW comic? : World of Warcraft General Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 1 post ] 
blue large dot

Breakfast Topic: What would you like to see in a WoW comic? : World of Warcraft General Discussions

Posted: June 26th, 2009, 10:30 am

Gaming-News

Total Posts: 15977
Gaming-News's Reps: 75
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Image Breakfast Topic: What would you like to see in a WoW comic?

I've been getting back into comics lately, thanks largely to the World of Warcraft. My most recent purchases were the trade paperbacks of Wildstorm's World of Warcraft series and Ashbringer, as well as Tokyopop's Warcraft Legends manga. Since I couldn't get my fix of Hong Kong manhua without actually going to Hong Kong (which makes it kind of hard to keep up with weekly titles like Amazing Weapons 4...), it was a bit easier to head over to our local shops and get some Western comics. What better subject than my favorite game, right?

While I enjoyed Ashbringer, I take a great liking to Warcraft Legends because it explores the other aspects or characters of Azeroth. The ongoing series can focus on well-known guys like Varian Wrynn, but Warcraft Legends are cool side-stories of the unknown guys. That opens up a world of potential. We could see stories about those NPCs we always see all over the place. Maybe we can get a comic about Cro Threadstrong and find out why he hates the fruit vendor so much. How about stories about the wandering "named" NPCs in Dalaran? Minigob Manabonk, maybe?

On the flip side, how about when the characters in the comic stories suddenly make their way into the game? We know Broll Bearmantle and Valeera Sanguinar have their roots in toys and comics, and players can now meet them in WoW. This whole idea of comics as an extension of the game's story is really cool, and I hope Wildstorm and Tokyopop keep putting out great comics and characters. Is there anything in particular about the World of Warcraft that you'd like to see in comic form? A favorite character? A particular period or special event? Share your thoughts!

Filed under: Breakfast topics, Lore, Comics

Breakfast Topic: What would you like to see in a WoW comic? originally appeared on WoW.com on Fri, 26 Jun 2009 08:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

Author: SUPPORT@WEBLOGSINC.COM (Zach Yonzon)
Category: ashbringerbroll-bearmantlecomicscro-threadstrongMangaManhuaminigob-manabonkTokyopopvaleera-sanguinarvarian-wrynnWarcraft-comicswarcraft-legendsWildstormworld-of-warcraft-comic
Publish Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 08:00:00 EST
Read more...

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online