taultunleashed logoDrama Mamas: A moment of silence, please : World of Warcraft General Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 1 post ] 
blue large dot

Drama Mamas: A moment of silence, please : World of Warcraft General Discussions

Posted: December 11th, 2009, 7:42 pm

Gaming-News

Total Posts: 15977
Gaming-News's Reps: 75
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE'))) Drama Mamas: A moment of silence, please
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))
Dodge the drama and become that player everyone wants in their group with the Drama Mamas. Lisa Poisso and Robin Torres are real-life mamas and experienced WoW players -- and just as we don't want our precious babies to be the ones kicking and wailing on the floor of checkout lane next to the candy, neither do we want you to become known as That Guy on your server. We're taking your questions at DramaMamas (at) WoW (dot) com.

Been devouring all the articles at WoW.com designed to help you dig into this week's new content patch? Obviously, we have too -- but not everyone feels that way. There are quite a few players out there who'd like nothing more than to work their own way through the new content in a little peace and quiet.

Dear Drama Mamas: I've been really enjoying the new content that came out a few days ago, now that instances are actually available to run. But I've encountered a problem that has bothered me ever since WoW started releasing patches. One of my favorite things about WoW is the story and the discovery of an unfolding plot. This new expansion has great story elements, from the raid to the new five-mans. Having been a member of my guild from patch 1.5 or so, I've been through thick and thin with the group. I am a regular guy with a standard job and normal demands of a social life. So perhaps I can't play quite as much as some others, which leads me to hit content hours to days later than some of my guildmates.

Just like watching a movie, I enjoy watching the plot develop and discovering my own strategies to boss fights. But I seem to not be able to convey this to guildmates, and any attempts to insulate myself from unsolicited advice and "helpful guildmates" is met with confusion and astonishment. I have very clearly stated how I like to enjoy new content and have asked for people to respect my wishes. I certainly understand I can't prevent giddiness in guild chat or chatting over Vent.

Continue reading Drama Mamas: A moment of silence, please

Filed under: Analysis / Opinion, WoW Social Conventions, Features, Drama Mamas

Drama Mamas: A moment of silence, please originally appeared on WoW.com on Fri, 11 Dec 2009 19:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

Author: TEAM@WOWINSIDER.COM (Lisa Poisso)
Category: adviceblindblind-raidingdramafeaturedguild-adviceguild-dramaplaying-wowspoilerspoiler-alertspoiler-warningspoilersstrategywarcraft-advicewow-advicewow-dramawow-drama-guidewow-player-guidewow-q-and-a
Publish Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 19:00:00 EST
Read more...

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online