taultunleashed logoMake a quick buck - skinning/leatherworking - level 40-50 : World of Warcraft General Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 2 posts ] 
blue large dot

Make a quick buck - skinning/leatherworking - level 40-50 : World of Warcraft General Discussions

Posted: February 27th, 2005, 7:17 pm

tault_joeshmo
tault_joeshmo's Reps:
This is a very quick way to make gold as a leatherworker and skinner, and it only involves vendoring your items, noAH or WTS hassles. A stack of thick leather buyout on AH is usually about 70 to 80 s. But thick leather drops from level 37-47 beasts but not very consistently. You will always get a high percentage of medium leather dropping. Best uncontested place that I have found for farming thick leather is Lethlor Ravine in Northeast Badlands. the ravine consists of 3 (unofficial) parts: north, middle and south. North and south are filled with whelps, level 40 -43, while middle part is full of 43-45 elite dragons. Avoid the dragons although they are not difficult to kill. Go after the whelps.

Target mobs:

-Scalding Whelps

Best Class:

-Hunter

WHy?

-These whelps are extremely easy to kill, using a quick pet such as Bangalash, on defensive not aggressive, tag 3 or 4 whelps at a time, and let the pet do the work.

Drops:

- Skinning: on average 2 thick leathers per whelp.
Also from skinning: worn dragonscales, drop rate about 5%. They sell for 5G a stack.

- common drops: silver, forked tongue (vendor trash - around 10s a stack), wings (also vendor trash - around 10 silver a stack).

- other sought after drops: Small flame sac. Used by noobs to make dragonbreath chilli, used by high level players to make fire protection potions for upper level instances <--- very precious, sells for 1G buyout on AH (I started the craze of selling these on my server, I was at first selling them for 10G a stack).

- extremely rare drop but uber money: TINY DARK WHELPLING. For those of you who are wondering where these tiny dragon creatures came from that follow people around in IF, this is where they came from. A tiny whelpling will sell for 100G easily, but I will not lie to you and tell you that you will get one, they are UBER rare!

Turning your thick leather to gold, the easy way:

-Nightscape headband. This trainer taught item is the least costly to make. It only uses 5 thick leathers and some thread. selling 2 nightscape headbands to a vendor (equivalent of one stack of leather) gives you a net profit of 70s.

One hour of grinding this area should easily give you 5 - 10 gold. Also if you feel lucky hit the elite dragons, I had two epic drops from them.

Peace.

Posted: March 1st, 2005, 6:38 am

tault_liquidsoap
tault_liquidsoap's Reps:
I was just thinking it might be easier to use a pet like Snarler or a Searing Roc for the fire resist. Although Kind B's speed is very useful the resistances might be better for taking on 3-4 whelps at a time considering hes always going to be getting pounded by fireballs.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online