taultunleashed logoThe new naming policy sucks : World of Warcraft General Discussions - Page 2
newtopic  postreply
 [ 19 posts ]  Previous  1, 2
blue large dot

The new naming policy sucks : World of Warcraft General Discussions - Page 2

Posted: November 22nd, 2004, 6:03 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
They just need to create a list and say if your name is suedo like this then you need to change it. Its just stupid when people make up things how they are profanities.

I remember in AC some guys name was hung man. And someone said his name reminded them of someone commiting suicide so he was banned.

Or how about the lotr twin towers movie being sued because of 9-11 which was a sad thing however in no way did they mean to refrence that movie. The books name was released a long time ago.

People need to learn to not be so pissy about things.

Posted: December 5th, 2004, 5:38 pm

tault_mephisio

Total Posts: 14
tault_mephisio's Reps: 0
Well, it is a litle overboard, my girlfriend wanted to name her character Jewls and it wouldnt let her i think it may be because it has "jew"ls in it... kinda ridiculous i think, eh, oh well.

Posted: December 11th, 2004, 5:21 pm

tault_deamonknight
tault_deamonknight's Reps:
I have to agree with Yourmaker, who cares what someone elses char name is...When some idiot names their char something off the wall, they are the ones going to have to live with it come end game...And what is wrong with a Tauren named "Gotbeef"..That is funny. I agree that the sexual names and ethnic slurs don't need to be there, but there is nothing wrong with having some fun with a name...And, I can't believe how many people here, on a website with info about how to cheat/exploit, would even be giving a crap about people with L33t names. If you want to play with others that have only nice RP/fantasy names, take your !@#$%^&* to the RP servers.

Nuff said, (Yup, I ripped that from Wolvie, too bad)

Posted: December 12th, 2004, 10:06 pm

tault_mabd
tault_mabd's Reps:
I like the naming policy. If they didn't have a naming policy there would be some people will some real offensive names out there. What everybody needs to keep in mind is that there are people out there with no morals, commen sense or good taste. Blizzard had to have a policy to protect the both themselves and the end user.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online