taultunleashed logoWhat do you all think of the skill deletion? : World of Warcraft General Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 9 posts ] 
blue large dot

What do you all think of the skill deletion? : World of Warcraft General Discussions

Posted: September 16th, 2004, 11:46 am

tault_yourmaker
tault_yourmaker's Reps:
I personally, since I love playing mules and crafting think that it is a good idea. That way a merchant player type can stay in town and focus on making money rather than fighting to earn skill points to up his trade skills. However, on the other hand, this is bad for casters, and even warriors, who need their gold for spells. I think it would be a great idea if they would use skill points to buy spells and skills, and money to buy tradeskills. What does everyone else think on the matter?

Posted: September 16th, 2004, 5:49 pm

tault_zosimus
tault_zosimus's Reps:
I like that you don't have to hunt a lot to have high level tradeskills, but I don't like that you're limited to only 2 skills. I think it should be 2 <i>creation</i> skills, 1 collection, and unlimited secondary.

Posted: September 17th, 2004, 4:45 am

tault_batmang

Total Posts: 12
tault_batmang's Reps: 0
I think 2 is fine only if they allow you to use engineering items without having engineering becuase its such an important skill in pvp and without it your at a disadvantage. If that were the case then having 2 trade skills would be fine.

Posted: September 17th, 2004, 5:35 am

tault_derenrylo
tault_derenrylo's Reps:
I've not much interest in PVP - I just feel it ruins my fun for wanting to do enchanting in my character - but all and all, it doesn't really effect me. Alchemy and Herbalism is my thing - I just don't think Herbalism should be a Profession, it's secondary and should stay that way.

Posted: September 17th, 2004, 7:33 am

tault_yourmaker
tault_yourmaker's Reps:
Yes, I agree about the engineering thing, but I also agree when it comes to enchanting for pvp not being too much fun. I will definitely have a pvp character though, don't get me wrong. "Long live the Horde!"

Posted: September 17th, 2004, 7:33 am

tault_demonofstupity
tault_demonofstupity's Reps:
i love it, i plan on actually making and getting to descent level a lot of classes so thus i can do alot of different tradeskills. so it works out fine with me. but i wonder what the human racial bonus will be now.

Posted: September 17th, 2004, 10:44 am

tault_zosimus
tault_zosimus's Reps:
nice point...didn't even think about that one

what would be nice if they assign certain tradeskills automatically [but that don't go towards your limit] to certain races as a type of racial bonus. Example-- gnomes automatically have engineering, and dwarves automatically have mining.

Posted: September 17th, 2004, 4:01 pm

tault_demonofstupity
tault_demonofstupity's Reps:
would be coo. but i best alot of people would !@#$%^&* about it.

Posted: September 17th, 2004, 7:40 pm

tault_decalb
tault_decalb's Reps:
i believe gnomes currently recieve lockpicking as auto skill, but im not sure if it counts towards the limit as im not in closed beta.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online