taultunleashed logoWoW Services..Triggers? : World of Warcraft General Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 11 posts ] 
blue large dot

WoW Services..Triggers? : World of Warcraft General Discussions

Posted: November 24th, 2004, 11:48 pm

kobekatt
kobekatt's Reps:
I am really excited about you guys getting us some useful stuff for WoW. I just renewed my copy of XUnleashed when I heard that it would work for WoW.

So my question is this: Is it possible to use XUnleashed to run as a bot for a second character to automatically assist and blast away and stop finishing at the end of the fight?

Ie, I used another macro program where I could press a macro on my main char that would send a tell to the bot, and that would then trigger a macro on the other char?

Ideally, I want to be able to play my rogue as my main and when I have a fight inc, want to be able to push a button on my rogue, that would then trigger my Mage char to assist me and start blasting away. Does this sound possible? I really want to eliminate having to lean over and press the second keyboard.

Thanks in advance!

Posted: November 25th, 2004, 12:02 am

wyvernx

Total Posts: 6718
wyvernx's Reps: 21
administrator
premium
Does Wow create log files?

Posted: November 25th, 2004, 12:06 am

kobekatt
kobekatt's Reps:
Hello Wyv. It is my understanding that it does not create log files. I read that on another message board.

Is there any other way to get this information?

Posted: November 25th, 2004, 12:12 am

kobekatt
kobekatt's Reps:
I found this on another message board about WoW:

According to Blizzard, they have deliberately removed parsing of the chat text from their own built in macro system. I haven't had a chance to play with their macro system yet, but I already know it won't support what I want.
So, this made me look into logs, and so far I cannot find any logs produced by WoW containing anything useful. Neither combat information nor chat text is logged it seems. Like Everquest, there may be a /command to enable it, but I haven't found it yet.
So, if no logging exists, is someone going to be looking into some sort of logging solution? I had 2 thoughts on this, the first being some sort of bitmap-to-text conversion, where you can constantly watch a certain part of the screen for changes in text. This seems very unreliable and unwieldy to use.
Second option I thought about, is to write or find a packet capturing tool, log the packets, and see what Blizzard has done with the packets. It might be that it's not encrypted, but if it is, does anyone have any experience in breaking through encrypted streams? A simply passive packet monitor could be used to create a logger. I am thinking of looking into this over the next couple weeks before WoW is released.

Posted: November 25th, 2004, 5:11 am

ophidian

Total Posts: 282
ophidian's Reps: 13
Lifetime Member (Guides)
premium
I think theres more information than the guy in that post thinks.. The cosmos UI does a pretty amazing job of keeping track of stuff and I BELIEVE I saw an option to log tells.

Oph :D

Posted: November 25th, 2004, 1:42 pm

wyvernx

administrator
premium
Yea I guess I'll have to make one for it then.

No worries.

Posted: November 25th, 2004, 2:07 pm

Guest's Reps:
Wyv, Wonderful. I have a few friends that will buy XUnleashed as soon as there is a reason to use it!

Any idea when you might get this up and running?

Posted: December 28th, 2004, 4:36 pm

kobekatt
kobekatt's Reps:
Any updates on this Wyv?

Posted: December 29th, 2004, 6:57 pm

wyvernx

administrator
premium
Yes, i have found the locs I beleive I need to get into a log.

Which ones would be beneficial more?

the upper chat messages: You cant fish here
the chat window (general)
or the combat chat window?

Posted: December 29th, 2004, 6:59 pm

kobekatt
kobekatt's Reps:
Well for me personally, being able to read General Chat (ie, group chat) would be huge =)

I specifically would like to be able to say something to my second char that causes it to do something. ie, would love to be able to say mount and he automatically gets on his horse =)

Thanks for the update wyv!

Posted: January 9th, 2005, 11:58 pm

shortlived
shortlived's Reps:
now if you can read the general chat window, I beleive you can filter what goes to what window, couldn't we just put everything wee need toing to that 1 window and your work is done?

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online