blue large dot

WOW vs L2 : World of Warcraft General Discussions

Posted: April 24th, 2004, 7:27 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Total Posts: 10213
Tault_Tault Community's Reps: 16
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
anyone here who has played WOW and L2 please tell me which you think is better, and are they somewhat the same? thanks.

Posted: April 29th, 2004, 9:16 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
WoW is way better, but its only in Beta right now.

Lineage is a decent game at best from my beta experience there. It is very repetitive, like most mmorpgs, but I think the real end game is the PvP and Castle Seiges.

We have yet to see the WoW endgame, but I am sure it is just as well planned as the rest of the game appears to be so far.

Posted: May 2nd, 2004, 12:22 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
WoW has so much more in the game then lineage 2 does. Lineage 2 is in its retail and WoW is in the beta. Lineage 2 is an empty world in my opinion, with barely any customization in skills trade skills and hobbies. WoW has all that.

Posted: May 5th, 2004, 7:04 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
You really think WoW is better? I have yet to try WoW, I have been playing L2 and am up to level 17. The grind seems steep and equipment expensive. But I like the PvP system and the fact that PvP is a big part of the game. And the atmosphere is cool.

Does WoW have a good atmosphere?

I really don't like the 'leave me alone while i level' ideal, which wow seems to have. I like some spontaneous action.

You think WoW is for me? Or the EQ crowd?

Posted: May 6th, 2004, 5:40 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
I've played wow at my friends house and i have to say people are very nice and everyone wants to group. The PvP system isn't up yet but blizzard is very careful with there beta tests and want everything to be perfect. I think we will all be suprised with the PvP system. Blizzard usually come through. L2 for example is done. what you play now it what you will be playing for ever with the exception of expansions. Thats the gameplay the pvp the money, everything. When i was playing lineage 2 it felt like the game was complete. Empty rooms, nothin except Npcs and mobs that moved around. WoW has wild life on ground and in air. I just think wow is more complete then lineage 2.

Posted: May 6th, 2004, 4:10 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
ya... it sure feels like wow has got a lot more content...
L2 is like...the company quickly builds a game and throws in big maps and rooms to try and confuse the players..but in reality they dun really do anything. wow on the other hand feels like there is a lot of work put into it and that everything is there for a reason...as suppose to L2 :P

Posted: May 11th, 2004, 3:59 am

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
I think WOW Will be MUCH better, overall the different races and class will actually be different unlike in L2 where most of the game is very samey no matter what race or class you play.
L2 also has far less quests than WOW will and this will be a major factor in replayability.

My money is on WOW definitly!

Posted: May 11th, 2004, 2:49 pm

Tault_Tault Community

Active User > 50 Posts
premium
the thing is, i kinda favour L2 EVEN thouhg wow is much better? why? because wow is going to be too addictive. i like addictive games, but not the ones where it gets TOO addictive, and i can tell wow is going to be one of those games (just like D2...i spent so much time on it)

i like to enjoy my games, but to be completely addicted to it so that i dun do normal stuff such as homework lol...L2 isn't THAT addictive :D

p.s: its all because i have bad self control hehe

Posted: September 11th, 2004, 7:02 pm

tault_yourmaker
tault_yourmaker's Reps:
L2 is a treadmill game more than any other I have ever played, well maybe tied with grinding Jedi in SWG. Other than that, I have never played a more repetative game. All you do is run around and kill monsters to gain small amounts of exp, sit, stand back up, fight some more. Then once you've killed 5000 monsters you lvl up, and have to do it all over again. The game was ruined by early hacking / duping as well. All the high end players have insane amounts of cash. But anyways, the only cool thing is the class progression other than that, the game is maybe a decent game in my book. Now WoW on the other hand, is an amazing game. Just in beta, it is far superior to most games I have played, and tied with my favorite of all time, Legends of Kesmai. The coolest thing about WoW, is that you feel so involved in the quest system and if you play multiple races, you will notice, that the storylines in the quests for different races interlock. It's quite nice. Tradeskills is another plus. Tradeskills in WoW are a blast. I am currently a Journeyman skinner and a Journeyman Tailor. You can make some pretty good leather armor at my level, and considering that I am a Shaman, and mainly only wear leather, then that is great. But I can already tell that I Am going to be highly addicted to WoW and play it a ton. Great job Blizzard.

Posted: November 11th, 2004, 11:51 pm

tault_dedpossum
tault_dedpossum's Reps:
how is any other game different from L2?

WoW is cool for sure in a cartoony sort of way.

But L2 is still a very very cool game, i can't wait for C2

Posted: November 12th, 2004, 6:55 pm

tault_kraz
tault_kraz's Reps:
WoW>L2

in L2 money has to important of a role which is why farmers/bots love that game. although in WoW money is needed. you can't make yourself an uber killing machine cause equip is lvl dependant.

Posted: November 13th, 2004, 4:32 am

tault_jeffo
tault_jeffo's Reps:
Equipment is lvl dependent in Lineage 2 also.

Posted: November 13th, 2004, 12:41 pm

tault_kraz
tault_kraz's Reps:
jeffo (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):

S, A, B, C, D, and no grade is hardly lvl dependant=p if you can afford to buy adena on ebay than you have a considerable advantage over the guy that can't or won't buy adena.

Posted: November 15th, 2004, 11:10 am

tault_jeffo
tault_jeffo's Reps:
kraz (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
jeffo (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):

S, A, B, C, D, and no grade is hardly lvl dependant=p if you can afford to buy adena on ebay than you have a considerable advantage over the guy that can't or won't buy adena.

Your entire statement was an opinion. L2 equipment is lvl dependent. You will have an advantage if you buy adena off ebay..or if you do not have a job/school...there are many advantages to every game. People play games the way they enjoy them. I enjoy botting all night then in the morning I can just play the game for enjoyment! That is why I am a member of the Fourm. I am a member to find exploits and bots to lvl up and to be more powerful than the average player without any boring work. The way I see it when I work I had better get paid!

Posted: November 15th, 2004, 5:11 pm

tault_kraz
tault_kraz's Reps:

Your entire statement was an opinion. L2 equipment is lvl dependent. You will have an advantage if you buy adena off ebay..or if you do not have a job/school...there are many advantages to every game. People play games the way they enjoy them. I enjoy botting all night then in the morning I can just play the game for enjoyment! That is why I am a member of the Fourm. I am a member to find exploits and bots to lvl up and to be more powerful than the average player without any boring work. The way I see it when I work I had better get paid!

you missed the whole point of my first post. I merely stated no other game is more dependant on money than L2. btw in L2 you're required a passive skill to use diff grade weps.

as for the stuff in the bold...what does apples have to do with oranges? the poster asked which we thought was a better game. I'm sure everyone here is a member for the same reason.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online