taultunleashed logoGadgetzan roof exploit : World of Warcraft Nerfed Info
newtopic  postreply
 [ 13 posts ] 
blue large dot

Gadgetzan roof exploit : World of Warcraft Nerfed Info

Posted: January 13th, 2005, 7:20 am

tault_xlaserx
tault_xlaserx's Reps:
Well this is an old one but I just thought I would put it up anyways. You can actually get on the roofs of the houses in gadgetzan, and attacking players from the other faction without getting attacked by guards. Also if you logout and then log back in and you press against the dome of the house, you will actually go invisible and not be able to be seen. Im not sure if you can be targeted or not but people definitely cant click on you( they may be able to tab on you). So you can go invisible and then attack people on the roof or floor and the other person wont be able to see you. This is exceptional good because priests can mind control and pull you off the roof. But if you cant be targeted, they cant mind control. I have taken videos of me getting on the roof, and going invisible but they are each 18-20 megs. I dont have anywhere to post them. IF someone has some space I can send it or I can send it to mods and they can post it on this site..

Have Fun!

Posted: January 14th, 2005, 6:25 am

carefoot

Total Posts: 541
carefoot's Reps: 890
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
I can host them, contact me on AIM or MSN if you have it.

Posted: January 16th, 2005, 4:48 am

tault_xlaserx
tault_xlaserx's Reps:
I have aim but your never on.

Posted: January 17th, 2005, 8:51 am

carefoot

Total Posts: 541
carefoot's Reps: 890
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
www.ransacked.net/GadgetzanRoofGlitch/WOW.mov
www.ransacked.net/GadgetzanRoofGlitch/WOW2.mov

Posted: January 21st, 2005, 10:48 am

tault_cilius
tault_cilius's Reps:
Note that this also works at the town in winterspring I believe named "Everlook." (The one with the flight path anyways.) use aspect of the cheetah / pack OR a mount and jump from the tents to on top of the inn. Hope that helps as well.

Posted: February 15th, 2005, 11:57 pm

tault_joeyimage
tault_joeyimage's Reps:
This is not an exploit. Blizz knows about it and has said it is "working as intended".

Posted: May 29th, 2005, 8:08 am

tault_014592
tault_014592's Reps:
Not anymore. Do it now and instant ban comes soon after. Rumor is that GMs are now constantly monitoring Gadget and also Everlook.

Posted: January 13th, 2006, 4:01 am

holyforce
holyforce's Reps:
I did this before I was even a member on the forums, and when the NPC goblins went to attack me for shooting someone with my gun I started to 'bounce' into the air... like rubber off the ground, until I fell to 'normal' land. I know I'm bumping an old post, but since I'm not all that WoW saavy... was it a GM doing that or just the new way of preventing ledging people? I don't understand why Blizz put jump into the game if you can't use it to your advantage.

Posted: January 14th, 2006, 8:16 pm

staunch
staunch's Reps:
I was under the impression this was fixed when the bruisers were given range weapons. In BB if you roof camp the bruisers shoot you, would make sense that it is true in Gadget and Ratchet too.

Posted: January 14th, 2006, 11:53 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
So is this working or not? If its working it will be moved to confirmed :)

Posted: January 15th, 2006, 10:25 pm

holyforce
holyforce's Reps:
Sometimes I bounce off the roofs when under attack, sometimes I don't. I guess it's "GM intervention". But as far as not getting gobbie aggro when attacking the opposite faction from a roof, that don't work (anymore). Never knew if it did.

I can get up on top of the center arena building and what-not, and the second I shoot the opposite faction, I got goblins trying to find a line of site to shoot me. On top that, it doesn't take but a minute before this weird bouncing this starts to happen, and my char keeps floating in a bouncing-like manner until he falls off the side of the building.

Like I said, prob. GM intervention.

Posted: January 26th, 2006, 7:30 pm

hitekredneck13
hitekredneck13's Reps:
i can confirm that this no longer works... you do get "Bounced" off the roofs now... i recently tried and was attacked by the NPC's using guns. Dissappointing really, i enjoyed that :(

Posted: January 26th, 2006, 7:51 pm

tault_danceofthedead
tault_danceofthedead's Reps:
moved to nerfed

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online