taultunleashed logoWOW Cheat: Warlock Exploit Create 2 Soul Shards : World of Warcraft Nerfed Info - Page 2
newtopic  postreply
 [ 28 posts ]  Previous  1, 2
blue large dot

WOW Cheat: Warlock Exploit Create 2 Soul Shards : World of Warcraft Nerfed Info - Page 2

Posted: March 5th, 2006, 9:29 pm

fishy80
fishy80's Reps:
Man... I wish I could get 500 points for fooling people into thinking something was an exploit...

lets say you dont have ANY soul shards....

you try and cast shadowburn you cant... because you dont have any soul shards... so you cast drain soul wich gives you one...

if you do have a ss then you cast shadowburn LOSE the origonal ss to get the same ss back basiaclly... so shadowburn is basically pointless

because you get nothing from using shadowburn

Posted: March 6th, 2006, 8:17 am

kenning
kenning's Reps:
You only wind up gaining one soul shard, so it's basically a free shadowburn - nice exploit!

Too bad it is being nerfed in 1.10 :(

(!empty($user->lang['QUOTE'])) ? $user->lang['QUOTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'QUOTE'))):
if you do have a ss then you cast shadowburn LOSE the origonal ss to get the same ss back basiaclly... so shadowburn is basically pointless

Are you kidding me?? I can get a free shadowburn, which is an instant cast, potential for an insta-crit, and I gain a soul shard...that's awesome!

Posted: March 7th, 2006, 6:45 am

fishy80
fishy80's Reps:
but not an exploit... as its how the spell works... thats nothing special...

its how the spell was meant to work... and I seriously doubt its being "nerfed" in the next patch... unless they release how pointless it is to make a spell cost a shard AND give a shard...

so basically... the OP just gave you a TIP on how to play your warlock....

here's another "EXPLOIT" (tip)

in pvp vs rogues... put a curse on them.. and they wont be able to go invisable again! hows that? 500 pts plz =P

Posted: March 7th, 2006, 8:22 am

kenning
kenning's Reps:
You obviously haven't read Patch 1.10 notes. They specifically addressed the fact that this "exploit" or w/e you want to call it was NOT intended and WILL be fixed. Do some research first, it's not how it was meant to work.

Posted: March 7th, 2006, 8:52 am

fishy80
fishy80's Reps:
ok well just read the patch notes about this....

so.. fyi... shadowburn costing a ss to give a ss is still in effect... and still pointless...

and now you just wont be able to getthe shard from drain soul if you are gettting the one from shadowburn...

so its just as pointless then... as it is now...

all spells are working as intended... now you just wont be able to use both at the same time...

think about it for a while...

Posted: March 9th, 2006, 7:01 am

viperstrike
viperstrike's Reps:
"The way he explains this I don't think you get anything besides the normal soul drain shard."

christ on a f*cking pogo stick: one more time:

when the mob is at about maybe 10-15% health cast Sahdowburn ( -1 shard)

IMMEDIATLY cast Draiun Soul after Shadow Burn

During the 5s debuff keep Drain Soul on your target.

If your group kills the mob within the 5 seconds you will gain 1 shard from SB AND ANOTHER SHARD from Drain Soul

the dialouge will contain this:

You create[Soul Shard]
You create [Soul shard]

So I need to make a vid or screenies for you people!

Posted: March 9th, 2006, 9:59 am

rabidsoccerball
rabidsoccerball's Reps:
So you'll only gain one really b/c of shadowburn losing one in the beginnning...

Posted: March 9th, 2006, 1:01 pm

fishy80
fishy80's Reps:
EXACTALLY.... you lose one in the verry beggining... so if you ask me... sure this is an exploit.. but a completley pointless one... you dont GAIN anything..

Posted: March 10th, 2006, 2:18 pm

kenning
kenning's Reps:
How else can you use shadowburn and still wind up with one more total SS in your bag after the fight...you can't. Either you use shadowburn, and end up with the same amount of shards (or if you time it wrong one LESS shard) or you use DS and gain one SS. Without this exploit you cannot use BOTH and still gain ONE shard.

Posted: March 10th, 2006, 3:09 pm

fishy80
fishy80's Reps:
ok.. im done here... after this... wont even check this thread anymore.. just getting annoying...

begin 1 soul shard
cast shadowburn
remove 1 soul shard
cast drain soul
mob dies
recieve 1 ss from shadowburn
recieve 1 from drain soul

drain soul is meant to give you one...

shadowburn is meant to give you one...

how is this an exploit?

Posted: March 14th, 2006, 5:49 am

mythion
mythion's Reps:
Okay this is stupid, any destruction warlock knows this and they also know this is not an exploit. As explained by the previous smarter people, when you cast shadowburn you just lost a shard, so all the "exploit" really does is waste mana. In fact, let me reword this for you:

1.) Wait till target is close to dead, don't do anything else and just be a useless idiot so you can time your Shadowburn + drainsoul right.
2.) Cast shadowburn, spending a alot of mana on a spell that is better in pvp and losing a soulshard. (dots are overrated anyway right?)
3.) OO the kicker, now quickly cast drain soul (the target is at 1-5% hp, so the damage portion of the spell will most likely do 100 dmg at the most, yay for mana dump) and cross your fingers that you kill the mob before the debuff from shadowburn fades and that your drainsoul doesnt get interrupted.
4.) And now look, omg, you have ONE extra soulshard for the price of THREE!!! Thats right folks, it can all be yours if you are this smart! Just cast shadowburn for no reason when you could have just used drainsoul.

Okay, so heres the real deal. You can actually get 3-6 shards off one kill, it can be done and I am sure other locks will confirm it. The problem, however, is that as far as I can tell you have to have a crappy lag connection. I have casted just shadowburn before in MC with a 500 ping connection and made 5 soulshards (to the envy and disbelief of my fellow locks) so I don't really consider this an exploit, just a random "bug" that may or may not work. If someone could find a way to isolate the root of the problem and exploit it I would be very happy indeed.

Posted: March 14th, 2006, 9:45 am

fishy80
fishy80's Reps:
ahh and about your lag thing.... i believe THATS whats being fixed in the next patch... not the so called exploit that the Op posted

Posted: March 14th, 2006, 10:06 am

krumdibum
krumdibum's Reps:
500 points for something thats working as intended and everybody is used to :shock:

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online