taultunleashed logoWOW Cheats: Warlocks: have a Felguard with any spec! : World of Warcraft Nerfed Info
newtopic  postreply
 [ 10 posts ] 
blue large dot

WOW Cheats: Warlocks: have a Felguard with any spec! : World of Warcraft Nerfed Info

Posted: December 4th, 2006, 6:38 pm

xeneelk
xeneelk's Reps:
This is a little trick has been around for a long time but hasn't had a purpose until recently.

I noticed quite some time ago when speccing from affliction to demonology that I didn't gain my MD bonus to the pet that I had out. I speculated that having a pet out when speccing out of demonology would have a similar effect, and it did. When I specced out of demonology I kept my MD bonus until my character had to be reloaded (i.e. can't change continents, enter instances, take a gryphon, enter BGs) It seemed pretty cool at the time, but nothing really nice because anytime you wanted to have MD with a different spec you'd have to spend 50g, not fun for something so limiting.

So I thought to myself with the expansion, "what if the same thing applies with the Felguard?" Sure enough it does, only better. Pets enter instances, cross continents, and enter BGs with you, If you are specced Felguard and respec out of Felguard, guess what. YOUR FELGUARD DOESN'T DESPAWN! While the MD bonus and SL bonus disappear when your game next has to load your character, your Felguard WILL stay with you. Since BGs automatically resummon your latest pet for you, as long as you never summon another pet, you can keep a Felguard with any spec! Though he won't be quite as powerful as a FG specced lock's.

This is what I have learned upon testing:
- If you or your Felguard dies outside of Battlegrounds, do not summon another pet. Just enter a BG and die, when you rez, you will have your Felguard back.
-You cannot enter an arena at all, as doing so unsummons your pet.
-SL and MD will stay as long as you never do any of the above mentioned. Meaning it would be very nice for going on a world PvP killing spree, but alliance is restricted to the Eastern Kingdoms because they have no lock trainers in Kalimdor. Horde can do either but must ride to wherever they intend to PvP. However the Felguard can go anywhere except on a gryphon/wind rider
-Unfortunately you lose your Demonic Knowledge buff and Fel Intellect and Fel Stamina buffs on your pet the instant you lose your talent poinst, the hp and mana just disappear off of you and your Felguard.
-NEVER SUMMON ANOTHER PET!

So there you have it, on PTR I am currently specced for unstable affliction but run with a Felguard in BGs while dotting and cursing, the extra stun is quite nice and I'm sure other warlocks are pretty pissed when they spend 8+ seconds trying to get my FG banished while I cast UA on them.

Posted: December 7th, 2006, 8:37 am

xeneelk
xeneelk's Reps:
These are screens of the trick, or rather proof of the trick. As you can see MD stayed active (I forgot to SL before respeccing) until I entered BG. This is when I did it on the live servers, this exploit is LIVE!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: December 13th, 2006, 6:06 am

viperstrike
viperstrike's Reps:
this works on Live servers as well.

/yay

Posted: December 13th, 2006, 11:23 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
moved to confirmed and 500 to you.

Posted: December 13th, 2006, 10:47 pm

acc85
acc85's Reps:
hmm strange thing happend.
I entered BG.. had my felguard.. repspeced aflliction.
afterwards i die
felguards dissappears..

then what respawns in an imp beside me..
after BG was won I am instanced back into the war room .. with my felguard again..
this suppose to part of the exploit?

Posted: December 17th, 2006, 10:42 am

baeshar

Total Posts: 13
baeshar's Reps: 0
this xploit dont work, when you revive again you have Imp.

Posted: December 17th, 2006, 6:48 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
Can another premium member confirm this to be nerfed as well.

Posted: December 18th, 2006, 4:41 am

tault_pohyu

Total Posts: 977
tault_pohyu's Reps: 0
nerfed, it was in the 2.0.1 patch notes

Nerf that NOW before I cancel my account!

Posted: April 6th, 2007, 12:53 pm

shadowar
shadowar's Reps:
Yes nerfed

Posted: April 6th, 2007, 1:47 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
moved

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online