taultunleashed logoWOW Exploits - Solo Slavepens heroic : World of Warcraft Nerfed Info
newtopic  postreply
 [ 17 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

WOW Exploits - Solo Slavepens heroic : World of Warcraft Nerfed Info

Posted: May 1st, 2007, 8:45 am

prrsnikety

Total Posts: 35
prrsnikety's Reps: 0
The best class to do this with is a level 70 warlock. It will involve DoTing and then using pathing exploits within the instance to down trash/boss mobs.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8640617637006519726

Above is a link showing it in action.

It might be possible with a shadow priest as well but will take much, much longer to down the mobs.

Short version:
1. Trinket, SB, DoT
2. Move to other pathing, mobs change direction.
3. Reapply DoTs as needed, drain, cast instants.
4. Mobs re-approach, move to previous location and repeat step 3.
5. Loot, move on, pull mobs back to bugged path.

Long Version:
The first pathing bug is along the river between the 2 lanterns. Stand on the center land between the 2 lanterns but make sure you're a little to the right. Wait for the patrol to pat to the right of you along the river, trinket up and hit them with a big hitting spell. They will approach you from the right. As they aggro, strafe left so that you are "unreachable" by the mobs, They will follow the new path to get to you. Careful they come pretty quick. Spam your dots and instants while jumping back to the right side of the water. They will turn around and come from the right again, jump left. rinse / repeat DoTing the whole time.

It will take some practice to find the boundaries of the pathing.

Avoid as many mobs as possible in the open area. Be extra careful as their aggro range is much higher on heroic (lvl 70 elite).

Second pathing exploit will be on the right side of the tunnel entrance as shown in the video. Stay to the right so you don't aggro the 2 guards. Have your imp stop in front of the guards (not in aggro range of course) while you go to the back wall.

Target the guard and have the imp attack it. You can choose to summon another one as soon as you can. The mobs will be bearing down on you though and it's imperative that you jump onto the ledge to your right. You, again, will be unreachable. So do your DoTs and instants. The mobs have to path a little longer so you can afford to cast a few longer casted spells.

Don't forget to keep tapping for mana while siphon is up.

You will pull the first miniboss to this area as well. He will hit you so use drain life and siphon to keep yourself up. He drops a badge of justice, yay.

Other classes will have some difficulty pulling at this spot since they do not have a pet. If you're a shadowpriest you may need to use an inuln pot, or maybe a swiftness potion+bubble.

Note: The video does NOT show some of the 5 pulls later on in the instance.

I also did not make the video or take credit for it. I have not seen this posted so sorry if it has been put up before. Give it a shot all you warlocks it is really fun during offpeak times when there are no groups to be had.

Posted: May 2nd, 2007, 7:46 am

glorysk87
glorysk87's Reps:
/nay

this didn't work at all. i went in (im a 70 shadow priest with a good amt of plus dmg), and tried those pathing exploits, and the mobs didn't follow them at all. the mobs can run straight over that center "island" type thing, and they dont have to go around the water at all.

Posted: May 2nd, 2007, 9:22 am

kazso2

Total Posts: 483
kazso2's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
/nay

The pathing exploit actually works (needs much practise), but the video shows slave pens normal, not heroic. No way you can kill the first 6 mobs at heroic. Heroic mobs hit for 4-5k (9-10k crit), and on the video when the lock gets hit by a mob, his hp bar goes down only a few percents, not 40-80%.

Posted: May 2nd, 2007, 4:46 pm

prrsnikety

Total Posts: 35
prrsnikety's Reps: 0
When do you get hit? only the boss w/ the lightning, And you can clearly see the badge of justice being looted. (well not so clearly because of the quality) but i assure you it is set to heroic. i'll try making a vid w/ better quality on setting up the first pathing exploit later today.

Posted: May 3rd, 2007, 6:16 am

adamjw2
adamjw2's Reps:
/yay

I tried this with a 66 hunter and it works very well on normal slave pens. I will try it again when I get to heroic levels, but I think it would work just as well since you barely get hit if you are careful. Hunter is a very good class to use for this since you can use serpent sting and autoshoot to kill them. The pathing thing definitely works, but only against melee mobs, which pretty much limits this to the first room.

Posted: May 4th, 2007, 8:51 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
1 yays 2 more to move to confirmed
2 nays 1 more to lock this topic

Posted: May 5th, 2007, 5:21 am

of_the_shire
of_the_shire's Reps:
/yay
Was in with a warloc on heroic slave pens. Could only down the first boss because it seems to get harder after him. Just needs practice.

Posted: May 5th, 2007, 9:22 am

mmikeliu
mmikeliu's Reps:
This is not normal sp , they drops Badges watch the video dude.

Posted: May 6th, 2007, 8:28 am

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
2 yays 1 more to move to confirmed
2 nays 1 more to lock this topic

Posted: May 6th, 2007, 11:22 am

kazso2

Total Posts: 483
kazso2's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
A high quality video would be great, which starts from the beginning and shows all mob kills, uncut.

Posted: May 9th, 2007, 8:23 am

dichao
dichao's Reps:
Guys look at the badges he loot! This is heroic for sure
/yay

Posted: May 13th, 2007, 6:27 am

w1ckedk

Total Posts: 1
w1ckedk's Reps: 0
/yay
Done it with my warlock

Posted: May 13th, 2007, 5:48 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
500 to you and moved to confirmed.

Posted: May 27th, 2007, 10:58 am

errorist

Total Posts: 280
errorist's Reps: 121
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
kazso2 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
/nay

The pathing exploit actually works (needs much practise), but the video shows slave pens normal, not heroic. No way you can kill the first 6 mobs at heroic. Heroic mobs hit for 4-5k (9-10k crit), and on the video when the lock gets hit by a mob, his hp bar goes down only a few percents, not 40-80%.

I don't mean to be a smartass or anything, but isn't him getting "hit" really just him using Life Tap?

Posted: June 19th, 2007, 7:15 pm

demo200
demo200's Reps:
Got nerfed today, doesn't work anymore.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online