taultunleashed logoWOW Program: Change Your Race Look (Only visable to you) : World of Warcraft Nerfed Info
newtopic  postreply
 [ 36 posts ]  1, 2, 3  Next
blue large dot

WOW Program: Change Your Race Look (Only visable to you) : World of Warcraft Nerfed Info

Posted: July 27th, 2005, 12:52 am

nighthawk
nighthawk's Reps:
I've changed my Orc into a perfectly fine Night Elf using WinMPQ and a program named Batch Rename.EXE which i got of www.download.com

What you do is:

* Open model.mpq in your WoW\Data folder

* Extract NightElfFemale.m2 onto your desktop. This is the character model file.

* Open texture.mpq in your WoW\Data folder

* Extract all the files named NightElf*.* and NightElfFemale*.* (Dont extract the male files unless you want to change the male characters as well as the females) unto the desktop. This is the texture files that are used to cover up the model file, and without these you'll look like a orc in a night elf's body instead of a normal night elf.

* Now run Batch Rename.EXE and replace the words NightElf with Orc in all the files you've extracted. *** BATCH RENAME.EXE FROM DOWNLOAD.COM CONTAINS A VIRUS: NOD32 WAS ABLE TO CLEAN IT ***

* Place the folder which your extracted and newly renamed files are in on the desktop, into the WoW folder (should be Character\Orc\Female\ or something similar to it)

You can replace pet models in the same way, my vulture pet for example looked very much like a blood elf female.

This is all client side (the changes are only visible to you) and you're not tecnically modifying files, only renaming them, so im not sure it even breaks the EULA to do this.

Edit: Screenshot included. I'm quitting WoW so i dont really care my characters name is showing here, and i never really used any cheats / hacks anyways.

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/8057 ... 9574uh.jpg

Posted: August 6th, 2005, 5:25 pm

viperstrike
viperstrike's Reps:
heh neat trick

too bad you can't change your faction that way

chage your Alliance char to horde faction

Posted: August 7th, 2005, 10:35 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
What do you say viper worth premium?

Posted: August 7th, 2005, 3:24 pm

Tault_JCrips

Total Posts: 127
Tault_JCrips's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
It's not an exploit. More like a glorified UI mod. No one else can see the difference. Besides, that stuff is old news.

Posted: August 7th, 2005, 8:37 pm

tault_thaman1424
tault_thaman1424's Reps:
I saw this before about a month ago on alakazam forums

COPY AND PATED

Posted: August 8th, 2005, 12:52 am

nighthawk
nighthawk's Reps:
thatman, no its not copy and pasted, i actually sat down and figured this one out on my own. apart from that, i am already a premium member and have been so for a long !@#$%^&* time. I just didnt see this anywhere on this website so i added it.

Posted: August 8th, 2005, 3:47 am

tault_thaman1424
tault_thaman1424's Reps:
Lol for one thing i know it for sure. I just saw the link and somehow it was grey??? im just sayin that i think its copy pasted

Posted: August 8th, 2005, 9:04 am

nighthawk
nighthawk's Reps:
Then someone else has linked my image from a post i made in my guilds private forums about this, and you've seen it and opened it.

Perhaps someone copy & pasted me in the first place.

Posted: August 8th, 2005, 9:49 am

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
Well its the communitys call nighhawk so if one will say prmeium sure but until then i cant give you premium for this.

Posted: August 8th, 2005, 10:29 am

nighthawk
nighthawk's Reps:
lol haha im not asking for premium since.. well.. im already premium. christ.. here i am trying to add something i've not seen yet to this page and ya'll give me the old "sorry old news" thing.. well jokes on you guys :)

Posted: August 8th, 2005, 10:46 am

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
O haha my mistake. LOL it was in submissions something like this should of been posted in the macro discussion lol. Moved it to confirmed macros. Once again my bad. Sry we get so many submissions daily and i check every post. Im not perfect i do make mistakes haha.

Posted: August 9th, 2005, 1:51 pm

viperstrike
viperstrike's Reps:
Tault_admin (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
What do you say viper worth premium?

i say one month and make it a guide thing since the change can only be seen client side

Posted: August 10th, 2005, 12:47 am

ushetehsu
ushetehsu's Reps:
Im a little confused was how can u Open the model.MPQ file. lol Is there a program or sumthin cause i dont have it if it is tell me the program.

Posted: August 11th, 2005, 12:07 am

nighthawk
nighthawk's Reps:
The program is called WinMPQ.exe and you can easily find it by searching on Google.

Posted: August 11th, 2005, 4:22 pm

ushetehsu
ushetehsu's Reps:
nighthawk Posted: 11 Aug 2005 08:07 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The program is called WinMPQ.exe and you can easily find it by searching on Google.

Thanks alot!!!

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online