taultunleashed logoAion Guides - Using G5/G9 mouse with AION : Aion - General / Guide - Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 1 post ] 
blue large dot

Aion Guides - Using G5/G9 mouse with AION : Aion - General / Guide - Discussions

Posted: October 5th, 2009, 1:57 pm

Perfectworlder

Total Posts: 272
Perfectworlder's Reps: 27
premium
Credit Goes to ShamisOMally

Ok, just wanted to show you people how to set up the G5 and G9 mouses to work with AION, this is for Vista 64, I am not sure how Vista32 or XP stores its profiles and files, but if you can find the target files I tell you to modify, you can set up the Setpoint 5.X software to detect .bin files

Also, -DON'T- bring this article up with the offical AION forums. I posted this article under tech support because I have been hearing about people like me who can't use the G5/G9 mouses with the game, and after spending 30 minutes figuring out the Setpoint software profiles code I figured out a fix for setpoint so your mouses can be used with it

I want to tell people how to use their G9 mouses with AION

Since AION doesn't use a .exe. the Setpoint 5.X software can't detect the game, since AION uses a .bin

But I figured out a way to get the G9/G5 mouse to detect Aion!

What you do is first goto your AION install directory, then goto bin32, then find AION.bin and set it to AION.exe

Then you goto the setpoint 5.X software for the G9/G5 mouse, and you set up the software as normal, and set it to detect Aion.exe

After that, rename AION.exe back to AION.bin

Then you goto c:\Users\(Your user)\AppData\Local\LogiShrd\SetPoint II\Devices\PointingDevice/ and look for a xml file called profilemap.xml in ONE of the folders

After you find the file, open it with notepad, and change the detection rule in it from AION.exe to AION.bin

Then reboot your computer, start AION like normal, and your G9/G5 mouse should detect it!

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online