Total votes : 38
blue large dot

Are You Gonna Bot? : Aion - General / Guide - Discussions

Posted: July 21st, 2009, 2:49 pm

Perfectworlder

Total Posts: 272
Perfectworlder's Reps: 27
premium
I already went with option number 2 there :)

Posted: July 21st, 2009, 6:40 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Im gonna hold off at first and see down the road how the grind is for the upper levels. If its anything like l2 then yes.

Posted: July 22nd, 2009, 6:55 pm

Perfectworlder

premium
Lame admin. Bots fo life yo.

Posted: July 23rd, 2009, 7:17 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
Naw i want to try the game before i destroy it haha.

Posted: July 24th, 2009, 3:51 am

hardsell

Total Posts: 703
hardsell's Reps: 1487
premium
good response admin

I voted number three, I abhor bots they destroy most games and their economies, if you don't have time to play, .... don't ......

games are supposed to be fun not an epeen contest of whose animated pixels are better than someone else s animated pixels....

that being said I do like an exploit, since those usually reflect sloppy dev coding, if they allow it and it gives us unexpected loot or exp for our time spent, that's ok to me

Posted: July 24th, 2009, 8:21 am

warmax11

Total Posts: 93
warmax11's Reps: 19
Active User > 50 Posts
hardsell (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
good response admin

I voted number three, I abhor bots they destroy most games and their economies, if you don't have time to play, .... don't ......

games are supposed to be fun not an epeen contest of whose animated pixels are better than someone else s animated pixels....

that being said I do like an exploit, since those usually reflect sloppy dev coding, if they allow it and it gives us unexpected loot or exp for our time spent, that's ok to me

games are fun aslong as you dont have to grind for 12 hours to level up :P

Posted: July 24th, 2009, 8:26 am

kumpel100

Total Posts: 375
kumpel100's Reps: 969
premium
warmax11 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
hardsell (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
good response admin

games are fun aslong as you dont have to grind for 12 hours to level up :P

L2 1 week for a lvl up :)

Posted: July 25th, 2009, 11:43 am

Perfectworlder

premium
As kump said the game is going to have a crazy grind id assume in later levels like Lineage 2. This is why i think once im in the upper 30s or something botting is going to be a necessity if i want to keep up with the freaks who dont sleep at all.

hardsell i dont bot normally to make money, i bot because i want to level up and be able to enjoy more of the end game content thats available.

Posted: July 27th, 2009, 1:31 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
Yea im curious on the whole grind from 1-45. I dont know if it is going to be even that bad.

Posted: July 27th, 2009, 4:48 pm

hardsell

premium
to be honest I only leveled 4 guys to ascension one good one bad on the two servers and just explored after that

I'm curious as there was much to do killing mobs gave great exp and there were lots of quests reading through this thread:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=281279 (which was so full of Aion it was sneak moved to the off topic sub forum)

it mentions the version I would be playing on; the US had one mention of 1000 and one mention of 2500 more quests at launch than the current live asian version

so the NA version would seem to have less grind (quests are fun:) and when you combine quest exp and plain mob killing exp

so what version is everyone playing?

I'm on US/EU beta version

another interesting thread http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=280866 about sitting out beta so as not to burn out...

Last edited by hardsell on July 29th, 2009, 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: July 28th, 2009, 6:04 pm

Perfectworlder

premium
Yea the game has a nice feature where you dont have to quest all day like wow. You can instead just go out and level via mobs for the same if not better xp rate.

Posted: July 29th, 2009, 3:39 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
You think its going to hurt lotro hardsell? Personally i believe aion is going to hurt wow, lotor, and other games that are akin to wow. This is all dependent on the end game content which most people are yet to see.

Posted: July 29th, 2009, 5:11 pm

hardsell

premium
ANYTHING will hurt lotro now, the community seems to beupset with the direction MoM points the game to

lotro is staying even/slightly gaining new players by increasing the areas the game is licensed rather than keeping the players it has

my friends and kins lists give mute testimony to people just not having logged on in weeks where before they were every day, and I play on two servers so hear a lot....

the forums are full of what else is out there even more eagerly awaited than aion is SWTOR, which makes sense considering the age of star wars and the lotro player age which is probably one of the highest...

aion is drawing lots of attention, so much that the first thread quoted was moved to a less obvious sub forum as there might have been too many positive comments about aion

the ooc chat is different in game as well, much less helpful players more wow comments than usual just a change in attitude

Posted: July 29th, 2009, 6:37 pm

robert4wow

Total Posts: 11
robert4wow's Reps: 0
Oh hell yes

Posted: July 29th, 2009, 6:57 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
Yea i agree about lotro being hurt. It seems they are doing the move that swg did. They released a patch for the masses but it alienated the core players and in turn it hurt them beyond repair. They should of followed more of the approach eve took. Eve might not be the best game, but they took care of their fans and released things that the hardcore players wanted, and in turn it has been growing every since the release.

Also hi robert4wow haha random post.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online