taultunleashed logoSome Nice Ping Lowering Info : Aion - General / Guide - Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 4 posts ] 
blue large dot

Some Nice Ping Lowering Info : Aion - General / Guide - Discussions

Posted: October 1st, 2009, 5:04 pm

Perfectworlder

Total Posts: 272
Perfectworlder's Reps: 27
premium
C+P From jasdemi

o many people were QQ'ing about their super-high pings lately, so I decided to share some tweaks with you! My average ping in Aion is 25ms btw. (to check your ping ingame, type /ping in the chat)

Let's start with my two favourite tweaks

TPCAckFrequency and TCP NoDelay are disabled by default. Enabling them may lower your ping by up to 50%(or even more).

WARNING: Edit your registry step by step like in the following guides. Do not touch there anything else if you don't know what you're doing, you may mess it up. Better do it slow, but carefully.

TcpAckFrequency (alternate, easy way: Leatrix Latency Fix script. Thanks to @Remaxer for sharing this.)

1. Click on your Windows icon on the left corner, type regedit and confirm with ENTER. (XP users must enter it in Run). A new window will open. Here you can edit your registry.
2. Go to the following directory: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\
3. Multiple interfaces should be there now. (e.g. {385D50B4-99B9-4290-ABAA-2B3CCDDECBD1})
4. Now check every single of them and find out what is the right one. The one we're looking for has usually the most entries and contains your computer IP, DHCP informations, etc. (Note: If you're too dumb to can't find the right one, just do all the following changes for all of them.
5. Now right-click in the right hand panel and choose: New > DWORD (32bit) Rename the newly created file to TcpAckFrequency
6. Right click it and select Modify. A new window will open, enter 1 into the Value data box and confirm with OK
7. We're done with this one. Check out if this reduced your ping.

TCP NoDelay

1. Click on your Windows icon on the left corner, type regedit and confirm with ENTER. (XP users must enter it in Run). A new window will open. Here you can edit your registry.
2. Go to the following directory: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSMQ\Parameters (if it doesn't exist, create one. Registry folder is called is called a key)
3. Now right-click in the right hand panel and choose: New > DWORD (32bit) Rename the newly created file to TCPNoDelay
4. Right click it and select Modify. A new window will open, enter 1 into the Value data box and confirm with OK
5. Check if it has reduced your pings

SmoothPING

SmoothPING is a ping lowering software. I haven't tested it myself, but many Aion users confirm ping drops up to 50%. It's not free, there is a 20 minutes trial available though. It's more than enough time to see if it reduced your ping or not. Give it a shot!

Want more?

The 3 above are the ultimate lag killers, if they didn't reduce your ping, you might troubleshoot this:

* Is your internet connection fast enough to handle Aion? A broadband connection is required.
* Are programs running in the background, like torrents or something else that may consume your bandwidth too much?
* Pointless internet securtiy !@#$%^&* running? Turn it off temporally and see if it helped.
* Ports forwarded? 2106, 7777, 10241 should be open
* Last but not least, stop downloading prons ffs!

Posted: October 15th, 2009, 3:28 am

ummon33

Total Posts: 2
ummon33's Reps: 0
You can download Fasterping it will edit the registry for you

http://www.simtel.net/free/Simulation/Faster-Ping/114698.html

ENJOY!

Posted: October 15th, 2009, 8:54 am

mentorky

Total Posts: 6
mentorky's Reps: 0
or you can read my thread here about a free one thats Super easy and Confirmed works by MMO Viper and Tault Users!

http://www.taultunleashed.com/phpbb2/about76785_Leatrix_Latency_Fix_Confirmed_Works.html

about Leatrix, its a simple download, install reboot and lowered my ping from 350 to 150, and some other members by even more. Read my other thread about it on tault or the direct link is:

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info13581-LeatrixLatencyFix.html

Its easy to install or remove. It works, even on win 7 64.

Its works essentially the same way as above, by telling your computer not to group up packets to send at once but more immediate.

Posted: October 17th, 2009, 7:31 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online