taultunleashed logoWoW and RL Currency purchases : World of Warcraft General Discussions
newtopic  postreply
 [ 37 posts ]  1, 2, 3  Next
blue large dot

WoW and RL Currency purchases : World of Warcraft General Discussions

Posted: October 27th, 2006, 8:48 am

ghostrogue
ghostrogue's Reps:
There are many sites out there that offer gold, leveling services, profession levelings, epic mounts, quests, items, and pretty much everything you can think of. A few stand out that I can't mention... other than the fact that it's a three letters with the combo of g e i in a different order. This site is WONDERFUL. They really take care of you. I got my gold in 22 minutes flat.

Another, not so healthy site, that I am going to meantion it THsales.com

TH Stands for "Trust and Honor". I once order 100 gold from them. Only 100. You know, easy to get? Took six hours. Yet they claim when you're buying it, it takes less than 30 minutes. Check out their FAQ. Can take 96 hours. Wow. Nice rule bending.

I forgave them for that, made a junk account, and let them level a hunter to 60. I was promissed many things.

1-60 - Done
300 Engineering - Done
300 Mining - Done
300 First Aid - Done
Standard mount - Done
Epic mount - Cricket... cricket
200+ extra gold -.... I was left with 74 gold on the account upon login. The bank, which was supposed to have any blue/epic items that were looted, was empty except for two bag slots. I had been watching from my main account of course. They sold four epics, earning over 1200 gold off those alone. Not to mention the thirteen rares.

So, basically, when I logged in, I was screwed. I contacted their help group. Their representitive, named "Kitty" was very friendly. Unfortunately, she was unable to help. I spoke with a manager, and he insisted that and I quote this from the ENTIRE email,

"Dear Sir,

We have investigated about your problem. The fact now is you have logged on twice and totally transfered about 1000 gold. As a result, we will not buy epic mount for you definitely.

Best wishes,

Thsale."

Now, first of all, the only one that has ever been on this account until my order was done has been them. So how did I log on twice and transfer 1000 gold? Second, how would they know I "Totally" transfered exactly 1000 gold? I asked for logs and records. Apparently I took an epic lei of lillies worth 20-40g on my server, which they priced at 300g, and transfered it. Then, I took 60 gold, and trained with 50. I also magically sent myself 450 gold and left 70 on the character.

But that's not all! No no! They promised two unique pets, ANY pet in the game, even humar could be camped. I requested Uhk'loc, and Ursius, both of whom are rare, but easy to tame none the less. I was given a black gorilla that knew bite rank 4, and a wonderful owl that knew bite rank 4 and dive rank 1, and of course, screech rank 1. I contacted them about this as well. This is the email from THAT

"Dear sir,

The pets you requested were tame. You abandon them yourself. We are sorry for your loss, but you abandon them, not us. We cannot help you with this. Thank you for understanding.

thsales.com"

Woah. Wow. Slap me more for 250$. I knew the deal was almost too good to be true, but I gave it a shot. After countless more complaints, the logs of the LEVELER alone, and NO MANAGER OVERSIGHT say that I moved this stuff. You know what, if this isn't a total load, then their leveler is screwing both the company and the clients.

So, before you go and buy something, no matter how good the deal, check the company. This company hasn't even been rated twenty times in the past ninety days, as you can find here http://www.bizrate.com/ratings_guide/cust_reviews__mid--116075.html

What's the overall moral of the story? Don't use THSales.com. Tell your friends not to. Spread this information. I'll be ... uh... danged if I spent 250.00 for a job to be only halfway done.

Thanks for reading this... and beware.......

GhostRogue.... Your eye on the scams.

I will be reporting on a few other good sites if allowed to do so by you, tault_admin, but until then, I tried to list the only MAJOR screw you over company I have worked with so far.

Posted: October 27th, 2006, 11:49 am

fatstuffnut

Total Posts: 728
fatstuffnut's Reps: 3
Active User > 50 Posts
OMG - i calll sue?

(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Posted: October 27th, 2006, 12:25 pm

ghostrogue
ghostrogue's Reps:
Can't sue them. It's an online good. It's not covered by the constitution. Besides, the trash account the fubar'd so hard would get ~teary eyed~ banned!

Posted: October 28th, 2006, 8:00 am

stephanmystic
stephanmystic's Reps:
Whow they're very lame then, and you didn't even get some money refund?

Posted: October 28th, 2006, 3:02 pm

ghostrogue
ghostrogue's Reps:
Nope. They're refusing to refund. I cancelled the CC payment to paypal though. :-)

Posted: October 29th, 2006, 10:41 am

viperstrike
viperstrike's Reps:
IGE is the most expensive gold out there but they're fast in delivering it

another site is !@#$%^&*.com they're cheaper but depending on their stock for the server it maybe 30m to all day

ex: I ordered 1500G for a server coz there was a weapon that would be GREAT for my main the buyout was 1400, so i ordered 1500

they sent it to me in increments over the course of the day(coz they were low on stock to begin with) well i manage to get 1200G (opening bid) I watched the auction pratically most of the day on and off to make sure it didn't get bought out. I placed an opening bid and won.

They mailed me the 300G after i bought the sword so i lvl the alt to 10, transfer to my main server and sent the item to my main and the 300G extra.

I give !@#$%^&* about 7/10 stars

they DID deliver the gold in it's entirety but it took almost all day, luckily I discovered the auction when I did.

I put the bid in when it was time for me to go to bed.

The auction was at "Medium" status so I bid and hoped for the best.

** review of www.!@#$%^&*.com ***

Posted: October 29th, 2006, 3:12 pm

sparksteruk
sparksteruk's Reps:
I use !@#$%^&* all the time they are cheaper than most for my server, yes sometimes they will send you the gold in smaller amounts if stocks are low on your server.
But they always deliver :)

Posted: October 29th, 2006, 4:00 pm

viperstrike
viperstrike's Reps:
true plus you get a discount eventually

Posted: October 31st, 2006, 10:12 am

gamerpc
gamerpc's Reps:
I purchased a powerlevel from EZ-GAMERS.COM

I wanted a simple power level with no bells and whistles, just a lvl 60 character. They promised it would be done in 14 to 16 days. At the end of 13 days, the character was still only lvl 49. But, I did not complain. I was just doing /who once in a while with my main in order to keep track.

That evening, I recieved an email from Blizzard stating that the account had been banned. I wrote to EZ-GAMERS.COM and asked them what we were going to do about the ban. They said I knew the risk when I asked them to powerlevel the character and they had no responsibility for the banning. They refused to refund my payment and they refused to provide any remedy. They said it was my loss and they claimed no responsibility even though they were the only ones who had ever played the character.

Luckily, I had paid through Paypal. I filed a grievance through Paypal and they were able to refund my payment.

The moral of my story is, don't trust EZ-GAMERS.COM

Posted: October 31st, 2006, 12:16 pm

rabidsoccerball
rabidsoccerball's Reps:
Look for a company with good reviews and testimonials and what not next time. A site that someone reccomends to you that you know.

Posted: November 3rd, 2006, 4:15 am

viperstrike
viperstrike's Reps:
gamerpc (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
I purchased a powerlevel from EZ-GAMERS.COM

I wanted a simple power level with no bells and whistles, just a lvl 60 character. They promised it would be done in 14 to 16 days. At the end of 13 days, the character was still only lvl 49. But, I did not complain. I was just doing /who once in a while with my main in order to keep track.

That evening, I recieved an email from Blizzard stating that the account had been banned. I wrote to EZ-GAMERS.COM and asked them what we were going to do about the ban. They said I knew the risk when I asked them to powerlevel the character and they had no responsibility for the banning. They refused to refund my payment and they refused to provide any remedy. They said it was my loss and they claimed no responsibility even though they were the only ones who had ever played the character.

Luckily, I had paid through Paypal. I filed a grievance through Paypal and they were able to refund my payment.

The moral of my story is, don't trust EZ-GAMERS.COM

most likely they played the char 24/7 and they lvld you up by grinding 24/7

I've used PL services to PL my chars up somewhat but never 1-60 all at once.

PLing a char 1-60 is risky business, and if they played your char 24/7 then that would send up a red flag to the GMs, because no human being, I don't care who you are, and I don't care if you have an IV of Jolt Cola, can play a char 24/7 and not succumb to sleep deprevation, UNLESS you are botting.

They were either botting 24/7 (either monitoring the bot or not) or they did it in shifts (1 person PL for Xhrs then take a break and another person step in). the thing is (and most likely case) is that your CHAR was either botted 24/7 or PLed in shifts with little downtime for your char to get rest XP(and thus, your char taking a break and resting).

So be very carefull when ordering a 1-60 PLing, you run the risk of being banned.

Advice: PL in increments, like 1-10 10-20 etc and take a few days or maybe a week off to give your char a break from being PLed and give it a rest.

Posted: November 7th, 2006, 5:56 pm

resiroth
resiroth's Reps:
I think it's unfair you are comparing the widest known, best, most expensive company. To a gold site that just started, btw: you can often tell if it's a scam, they usually close in 2 weeks or so. for example bestmmo.com is a scam. if it doesn't show on google, or if their live support isn't there, and you can't find any mention of it on the net, it's likely to be a scam. Also, you can check when it was registered. if it was registered 1 month ago, don't buy...period. I'd only trust a site if it had been up for 4 months. It's kinda like saying, don't buy a computer from anywhere but alienware, since alienware is better. sure it's better, but it costs more.
Luckily I know how to farm very efficiently and you can find how I make a large sum of my money in the submitions forum I think.
Never buy Pling, it's a waste of money, and your account has a pretty high chance of being banned since they level the account 24/7.

Posted: November 10th, 2006, 2:09 pm

viperstrike
viperstrike's Reps:
!@#$%^&* has been around awhile. I have recieved gold from them for a long time(they are offering PL services but haven't used them yet)

Posted: December 5th, 2006, 7:53 pm

ghost65
ghost65's Reps:
I tried !@#$%^&*.com and the first time was ok, it took only 36 hours. The second time was a nightmare. I needed 500 gold and after 25 e-mails with no reply. Their instant chat never seems to have anyone working it, finally worked one day. After 5 days of no reply the person said they were back ordered. They did refund my money quickly. I will never use them again. all they had to do is let me know what was going on. Honesty goes a long way in my book.

My advice is try contacting them first to see if anyone is working and to check to see if they have gold available on your server. If you don't get a response move on to someone that does. Also don't believe all the reviews you read on Bizrate type sites. Most of the companies can write their own reviews. I go by on the negative review since I know how easy it is for them to write their own possitive reviews.

Posted: December 5th, 2006, 8:52 pm

sevreaper
sevreaper's Reps:
I've used about three different power levelling services and gold buying services in the past year or so (On vacation and didn't want to fall behind) all the companies did poor work and one of them actually changed my password and sold all my !@#$%^&*, so I had my account go on lockdown and I had to fax them my drivers license and this form I had to print off. Just be careful who you pick guys.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online