taultunleashed logoWOW Guide: How to Link Customized Items : World of Warcraft Nerfed Info
newtopic  postreply
 [ 28 posts ]  1, 2  Next
blue large dot

WOW Guide: How to Link Customized Items : World of Warcraft Nerfed Info

Posted: February 20th, 2006, 2:44 pm

ethryx
ethryx's Reps:
EDIT: This will not work on the current test server (1.10) or work at all on the regular servers as soon as 1.10 comes out.

Well.. I have found out how to do this after a short time playing around with Lootlink. Here is a step by step guided tutorial so anyone can do it. Its fun =)

Steps:

1) Download the Lootlink addon. Here is a direct link to the download: http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?downid=14831

2) Move the addon to your WoW's Interface/Addons folder as usual -- just as you would any other addon.

3) Log onto your account and make sure the plugin is enabled via the character selections' Addons button.
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

4) Once you are in the game, add the item you want to lootlink. This can basically be any item since you can change the name to anything. Although, if you want your "custom" item to link to a certain item when someone clicks it, make sure its in lootlink right now.

5) Log off and close WoW. Now the fun part begins =)

6) Go to C:/Program Files/World of Warcraft/WTF/Account. Once you are there, go into the folder that is your account that you use on WoW. Then, go into the folder 'SavedVariables'. Inside of here you will see the file 'Lootlink.lua'. Open up Notepad and drag this file into notepad as shown..
(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

7) Once it is added.. you will notice a lot of information in here. Where I have placed the arrows below, this is the items' names that were in your lootlink. You can scroll down because there are probably many. You can change any of your items names but dont change the values for i, c, d, t, and s. Also don't screw up any of the syntax. Just simply change the names to anything you want.

8) Once it is changed, you should have something like this. Here is an example of my custom item name:
*** Note: If you want your "custom" item to link to something in particular, make sure that you are changing that items' name and not something random.

9) Save the file in notepad. Go onto your account and log into your character. Type /ll. And there is your custom uber sexy item.

And now.. you can link this item to anyone you want in chats/whispers whatever you please. Enjoy. Have fun. Be good.

/bow

Last edited by Guest on September 27th, 2006, 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posted: February 20th, 2006, 2:47 pm

rabidsoccerball
rabidsoccerball's Reps:
Probably should get some TUbucks for this.

Posted: February 20th, 2006, 4:19 pm

fredars
fredars's Reps:
agreed

Posted: February 20th, 2006, 4:45 pm

ethryx
ethryx's Reps:
On top of making this guide.. I was bored before and created a program that will automatically edit the file LootLink.lua. You enter all the necessary information and it will appear on the LootLink list, automatically!

Here is the direct download link: www.projectodious.net/admincustom/ethry ... Editor.exe
(This was created by me in VB6. You can scan the file if you wish to prove to yourself it isnt anything harmful.)

Here is how you use the program...

1) Load up CustomLLEditor.exe

2) Look at the screenshot below and I will explain all of the options:
1 - This is the full location to LootLink.lua.
2 - Click on this button to enter your account name and the program will automatically adjust the Lootlink.lua location accordingly.
3 - Your custom items name.
4 - A list of the type of item you want it to be.
5 - This button will allow you to enter in a custom color (pretty sure its in CMYK color format since there are 8 characters in length).
6 - A random Link ID. Use another items Link ID from your lootlink file to link your custom item to a specific item.
7 - Press this button when your done and it will be created.

In order for this program to work correctly, you must have WoW closed, and then use this program. Once you are done, reopen WoW and login and they will all be on the LootLink list.

Enjoy

/bow again.

Last edited by Guest on September 27th, 2006, 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: February 20th, 2006, 5:05 pm

ethryx
ethryx's Reps:
After testing this many times.. seems that your customized item name HAS to contain an item that already exists.

For example.. when i tried to link 'Ethryx 1337 Sword', it just crashed WoW.

Although a valid example would be.. 'Soul Pouch - ZOMG Ethryxs Version'.

Hope ya understand ;-).

Posted: February 21st, 2006, 10:15 am

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
Yes nice guide :) 500 points to you ethryx keep em coming.

Posted: February 21st, 2006, 3:21 pm

klemmbob

Total Posts: 677
klemmbob's Reps: 137
Now is there any way to change the stats on the linked LL item?

Posted: February 21st, 2006, 4:41 pm

holyforce
holyforce's Reps:
Is it just me, or is the servers now booting you for trying this?

NVM - I mispelled something lawl

I R LEET. PHEER ME.

bump for cool trick :)

Posted: February 21st, 2006, 6:54 pm

scootergass26
scootergass26's Reps:
any way to hack in and change a stat of an item? :)

Posted: February 21st, 2006, 7:25 pm

rabidsoccerball
rabidsoccerball's Reps:
Hehe probably not. Good idea though.

Posted: February 22nd, 2006, 2:08 am

ethryx
ethryx's Reps:
klemmbob (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
Now is there any way to change the stats on the linked LL item?

Nope. That would be soooo awesome though if it ever was possible.

Posted: February 22nd, 2006, 10:37 am

lethal

Total Posts: 1352
lethal's Reps: 0
Lifetime Member (Guides)
I think I saw this somewhere else, but hey they could have C+Ped it from you, because this look original. Welcome to TU we hope you send more guides like this because this is way unqiue lol.

Have any questions? Email me: lethal.tault@gmail.com

Posted: February 25th, 2006, 1:13 am

tault_pilkan
tault_pilkan's Reps:
Isnt this easier?

http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=3307

Posted: February 25th, 2006, 6:50 am

rabidsoccerball
rabidsoccerball's Reps:
Lol nice sure looks like it's easier.

Posted: February 27th, 2006, 2:48 am

raith_
raith_'s Reps:
Think this has been nerfed, i just tried to loot link an item into chat and got DC'd instantly.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online