taultunleashed logoWOW Exploit: Gold Scam (No Level Req: Just need 6s) : World of Warcraft Nerfed Info - Page 6
newtopic  postreply
 [ 127 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
blue large dot

WOW Exploit: Gold Scam (No Level Req: Just need 6s) : World of Warcraft Nerfed Info - Page 6

Posted: August 1st, 2006, 4:10 pm

WowHomer

Total Posts: 1400
WowHomer's Reps: 2
Active User > 50 Posts
Can someone explain this to me, my eyes are bad and i keep reading the same sentence over and over again

Posted: August 6th, 2006, 11:12 am

bigdaddykeuh
bigdaddykeuh's Reps:
i do this on larger scale
==> i buy like 100 wrapping papers and crap items and send em to random people lvl 40-60 for 1g/2g/5g depends on how greedy i am atm. the next day: (about)60 people took it for 2g and just resend the others you got back.
made about 800g in a week for doing !@#$%^&*. i ussualy add a message like yeah blablabla and i see you saturday dude =D like i accetendly sended it to the wrong people result: about 25 angry mails of dudes saying they will report me and a gm telling them they just have to be carefull with accepting COD's

Posted: August 7th, 2006, 10:01 pm

dimstar2002
dimstar2002's Reps:
you really wanna be careful with doing !@#$%^&* like this...GM's will not Hesitate to ban you...trust me im currently on day 2 of a 72 hour ban...but i can still play on the test servers in the mean time. you may wanna try incorporating the word donation in there somewhere...you can't get banned for asking for a donation...and if you do then you got unlucky and the GM is a !@#$%^&*....
-- if you get an e-mail with the following text...you know you just got pwned by the man --

Account Action: 72 Hour Suspension

Offense:
Scamming another Player
This category includes:
o Acquiring items or any other "possessions" from another player
through misinformation, confusion, or fraud (Scamming)

Details: The character, using the mail system; sent one or more letters
to other player(s) with misleading content with intent to defraud them
of their money.

The actions detailed above have been deemed inappropriate for the World
of Warcraft by the In-Game Support staff of Blizzard Entertainment.
For further information, please view the World of Warcraft Policies and
Terms of Use Agreement:
(http://www.blizzard.com/support/wowgm/?id=agm01712p) and
(<http>).

For any concerns or disputes on this matter, please E-Mail
WoWAccountAdmin@Blizzard.com mailto:WoWAccountAdmin@Blizzard.com and
our Account Administration team will be happy to assist you.

Be aware that additional inappropriate actions may result in further
disciplinary action, leading up to or including account closure. We thank
you in advance for respecting our position.

Regards,

Kazaniko
Senior Game Master
Blizzard Entertainment
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com

Posted: August 14th, 2006, 9:37 am

koh4711
koh4711's Reps:
lol that sucks, but I've found a pretty good way to keep your main account safe. Not your alt account, but the main one.

Use your alternate account and create a character on the opposing faction. So if your main is on Alliance, create a Horde char. Do the scam as it was said in the original post. Transfer funds to your main "banker" character, which will not be involved in the scams but, as the title implies, just holds the cash.

Now, this is how you transfer the funds to your main account on the opposing faction. Apparently, there are 2 Auction Houses that I'm aware of (and I think another but I can't name it right now) where you can actually purchase items, cross faction. The two places that I know of right now for sure are at BB in STV, and Gadgetzan (sp?). It's much easier to just go to STV, although you're gonna die a LOT of times.

What you then do is have your main character on your main account put up an item at one of these AHs, say a nice shirt, for how much money you have on your horde character. Your horde character then buys the worthless item for as much money as he/she has and there you go, your main character now has your scammer account's money.

I think this still works. Tell me if it doesn't.

Edit: Wait, just thought of something else.

Create a mule which will act as your "contact" acount. Make it something with special symbols. Create another mule account, again, with special symbols but very very similiar to mule 1. This second mule will act as the "send/receive" mule.

Make contact with sucker on the first char, tell him/her you have to log off for work, school, or whatever. Use the 2nd mule to actually send the wrapped present, COD for whatever money it was. Hopefully, they won't notice it's coming from another person and therefore maybe through some technical arguing with a gm and luck you can get away with this scam completely free.

Hopefully.

I'll give these ideas a whirl.

2nd Edit: Also, anyone know if you can send cod with trial accounts? I don't think so. I mean, it wouldn't make sense if Blizz bans trades but allows CoDs.

Posted: August 14th, 2006, 10:05 am

lilfisher

Total Posts: 6810
lilfisher's Reps: 63
cant mail stuff on trial accounts if i rembmer correctly

Posted: August 16th, 2006, 1:07 pm

anoush_65
anoush_65's Reps:
i cant get it to work. I cod a shirt wraped in the papers and said it was a krol blade. i sold it for 100g but i dont think the guy fell for it. I did this to 5 ppl with elemental mage staff and staff of jordan for like 100g each but no one believed it i dont think. any tips?

Posted: August 16th, 2006, 1:47 pm

rabidsoccerball
rabidsoccerball's Reps:
Sell it for slightly less. Say it's a liquidation sale =P

Posted: August 16th, 2006, 3:42 pm

anoush_65
anoush_65's Reps:
guys i cant find the wraping paper im horde. i noe it works i scame a 35 for a staff of jordan and got 125g but i find the paper in org and my main is there so help plz!

Posted: August 16th, 2006, 4:33 pm

ashkane

Total Posts: 136
ashkane's Reps: 4
Active User > 50 Posts
Guys, you think they could track you down if using "10-days guest pass" and making acc and using the first mentioned scam ? >;)

Posted: August 16th, 2006, 6:06 pm

rabidsoccerball
rabidsoccerball's Reps:
anoush_65 (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
guys i cant find the wraping paper im horde. i noe it works i scame a 35 for a staff of jordan and got 125g but i find the paper in org and my main is there so help plz!

Once you enter orgrimmar go to the left hand side I think it should be before you go down. Kinda hard to explain. If you can't find it ask in general.

And 10 day trials I don't think you can do that with them, they limited them.

Posted: August 16th, 2006, 8:56 pm

anoush_65
anoush_65's Reps:
lol i did it and i got banned for 72 hours! it sucks. but i got a 125g. will i still have the gold?

Posted: August 17th, 2006, 5:57 am

clips12
clips12's Reps:
nope they prolly take your gold

and as for 10 day trials, they can send mail but they cannot recieve it, im not sure about COD's but i do know they but a lvl 20 cap and a 10g cap on trial accnts so unless you only want 10g lol, screw it.

Posted: September 24th, 2006, 4:07 pm

bugaboo

Total Posts: 43
bugaboo's Reps: 1
I jus wanted to add on to this a little bit.. umm, if you dont have anouther account, just do a Recruit-a-friend and recruit yourself to anotuher 10-day acocunt, since its just scames you dont really need more then 10 days at all...

Posted: September 24th, 2006, 4:47 pm

rabidsoccerball
rabidsoccerball's Reps:
Hahaha wow im out of it i was about to lock this.

Posted: September 24th, 2006, 9:35 pm

rigamaro

Total Posts: 113
rigamaro's Reps: 0
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
I had done something similiar to this and got a 72 hour ban and not even one bite. The guy I sent the package to figured something was up and paged a gm.

E*******Account Action: 72 Hour SuspensionOffense: Scam - Item / Gold ScammingDetails (Note - Times are listed in Greenwich Mean Time, GMT): ******** - COD scamming - sending out wrapped skinning knives to players for a 50 gold COD, claiming he is a guild bank and it was a weapon they wanted

Thing is, I tried something else which was just wrapping smithing hammers up and cod'ing them to a whole lotta people for 2g a pop, peoples curiousity would get the better of them and they accepted. I couldn't get banned because I never actually scammed them, I never made any promise of anything being in the package. Made about 300g for 2hrs of wrapping and name locating.

Of course it was all over the forums in no time, and alot of people got a good laugh about it.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online