blue large dot

Rift Bannings Are Happening : Rift - General Discussions

Posted: February 28th, 2011, 9:40 pm

Tault_admin

Total Posts: 29974
Tault_admin's Reps: 1444
administrator
Mod in Training
FYI they are currently banning for using hacks right now so be careful. Something is going on and people arent still 100% what it is just yet.

Posted: March 3rd, 2011, 2:42 am

Spitt

Total Posts: 745
Spitt's Reps: 718
premium
hehe, part of the reason I no longer use game hacks... unless it's on Facebook, lol

Posted: March 3rd, 2011, 5:42 pm

mannymann

Total Posts: 119
mannymann's Reps: 1
Active User > 50 Posts
premium
Just because you CAN hack in a game, it doesn't mean that it creates all kinds of errors with your name attached to it on the server.

Posted: April 9th, 2011, 12:03 pm

longshot666

Total Posts: 20
longshot666's Reps: 1
premium
I believe I can shed light on this topic. I have been the recipient of two separate bannings using speed/noclipping/flight/teleportation hacks. It is nigh impossible for them to detect you out of the blue due to the massive amount of users trion would have to monitor and parse throughout the worlds. While that is possible, it is most likely your first banning will be received via a player report as was my case. After that however, you are added to a monitor list and are from that point on monitored. They will periodically parse your data pointer logs and determine wether or not you are speed hacking or teleporting since the data will read movement beyond that typicallly allowed. I have no idea when it stop if it ever does.

My second and 72 hour ban occurred more that 24 hours after I had used the speed hack only and about 4 days after my first banning so it is impossible that they saw me hacking or the hammer would have fallen much more quickly. Furthermore the speedhacks I was using were minimal at best.

Basically, Once you have been Identified as a hacker you are permanently on a !@#$%^&* list and are barred from ever doing these things again.

Posted: April 13th, 2011, 11:17 am

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
I would think that they have an automatic flagger for certain player movements in game. So if you move too quickly it will flag you and then they just check out the account to determine if a ban is needed.

Posted: April 13th, 2011, 9:33 pm

longshot666

premium
They either do not or do not use it. There are people from the hack forum using the same tools as I and basically teleporting and flying at mach 1 all over the globe without a hitch. I was one of them but I was noticed by a passerby and reported after doing this for a month..

Once I was discovered however, I was placed on a list and caught speed hacking and teleporting immediately (once my coord history was reviewed, that is) shortly after my first banning was lifter but not during my escapades. It was actually some time later. I can still fly and use noclipping as well as radar hacks and such. I have been doing so for a week or more since I got reinstated.(this could be caught if my z coordinate were scrutinized a bit but theyd have to actually go to that zone to determine im not supposed to be that high.

By way of comparison on posts from the other forum these claims are concurrent and identical in nature. No action is taken on any account so far until something is done to place them as a suspect. Sometimes it's a player report and sometimes they do it themselves. There is this anomaly that occurs when teleporting a lot or speedhacking a great deal without pause...after a number of large spacial movements the server kicks you. After this you get kicked after being logged on about 1 minute regardless of what you are doing. After a certain number of "minute kicks" you get kicked while loading in from the character selection screen. The only way to rectify this is to wait for a server reset. Many users being ignorant of this fact petitioned GM's to reset their character and that was when they reviewed their log and slapped them with a ban. This is what I mean by them banning themselves.

Regardless, we all know that it is common in mmos for them to use a pointer system to determine placement and track movement speeds. I have no idea why but it would seem that trion has either not implemented this or is not paying attention to the masses regarding pointer placements...

Until you stick out.

Posted: April 14th, 2011, 1:24 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
Well they may be paying attention to players and just biding their time. So they will do a massive ban wave.

Posted: April 16th, 2011, 7:19 am

killer71675

killer71675's Reps: 1
Seems to be 24 hr ban 1st offense, 72 hr second offense, and perma after 3rd. I know a guy who got banned while observed flying and it was only 24 hours.

Posted: April 16th, 2011, 1:59 pm

mythicskunk

Total Posts: 77
mythicskunk's Reps: 1
premium
I use CE to speed hack all the time while soulwalking, and occasionally in low pop areas and swimming around the coast.
Been doing it since launch and haven't been banned yet.

Don't be stupid and use hacks around people, or to cheat against people (lame anyway) and you'll be fine.

Until they possibly implement some Warden like software.

Just my 2cents.

Good to be back btw.

Posted: April 17th, 2011, 4:00 am

longshot666

premium
Yeah, it seems that you are anonymous until noticed. It could also be banwave tactics at work. I'm taking my chances for now so I can twink my let three classes and have money to boot but I'm going legit in a few days. I'll report If I'm dealt with afterward as the result of banwaves.

Posted: April 19th, 2011, 8:00 am

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
Yea its still up in the air i know they are monitoring what people do but still they are yet to fully tell just the extent of that.

Posted: May 22nd, 2011, 1:29 pm

black3rn3ll

Total Posts: 17
black3rn3ll's Reps: 9
premium
Been using speed, tele, fly hacks, radar hacks for a month and nothing happened. Ban is mostly by user reports I think. And one thing: I always disable rifterrorhandler.exe before loading a hack.

Posted: May 31st, 2011, 7:38 pm

Tault_admin

administrator
Mod in Training
Yea i think as long as you disable the rifterrorhandler and dont run the hacks around people you will be safe.

Want Advertisements After The Last Post Removed? Create A Free Account!

blue large dot Who is online